Error Code 86000C09

SunithMandalia

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Been getting this issue since setting up my phone on my microsoft account, i have another outlook email account which works, but this account refuses to sync correctly, is anyone else having the same issue?

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
same issue here, went from a lumia 1020 back to my old 8x and I keeps giving me that error (even though it looks like it actually is downloading and sending emails)

Also my texts didn't all restore from the online backup when I setup this device so I lost many of my texts. Some texts did restore some didn't, just random doesn't seem to matter how old or new the texts were, did you guys have this issue too?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I was on Microsoft's side. I just checked this morning and things are back working again. Try it on your phone (settings, email+accounts, long press on Microsoft Account, sync).

scorpian007

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
just let it work itself out, that's what I've done a couple of times now. All my messages gets restored when it goes.

Same issue here, got my Lumia 920 replaced with a new one yesterday and have been getting this error since I restored my old backup. Not all my SMS' have been restored either. Tried resetting the phone a few times but no luck. It's been about 12 hours now but I'll keep waiting and hope it works out.

Seems to be an issue with restoring SMS' from my backup.

Last edited:

tobey252

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
i'm having the same problem after having to replace my old 920 after I had the spinning gears for almost 3 days. now my Hotmail randomly syncs up and it didn't restore all of my SMS. frustrating to say the least. maybe it will all be back to normal in the morning.:angry:

rguyah

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem after getting a replacement phone and restoring from backup. The restore partially failed and I notice that text messages never fully restored. The error seems to be related specifically to my Hotmail account sync. It says it cannot sync 2 calendar items from 2012. I checked the 2012 calendar on the Outlook website and the 2 calendar items do not exist. Nothing works for fixing it. I cannot even delete the account on the phone to reset it. I would have to reset the entire phone to do that. This is annoying.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting this same error too.
I notice that my backup I restored from last time, has an account picture I used under 1308>1326.2021 Amber.
So my PC and Phone show 2 different account pictures.
Text's are partially Synced and the Primary Hotmail Account wouldn't sync til I duplicated it then removed the double.
I'm considering to roll back to Portico and go through this whole process again and see if it helps.
Also, before this, I noticed I no longer got any game notifications.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro