Hotmail messages NOT deleting

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Still seeing this issue on my 928 with GDR2/Amber. I prefer to read my e-mails on the computer, but when I delete them, or they get marked as Read, they are still showing as NEW on the phone. As the day goes, my Unread count grows and grows until I manually delete them off the phone. Setting is to Sync once per hour. I don't want to shut it off because when I am away from my PC, I like to keep updated. Syncs the new just fine, but it is like the flag to either Delete or mark Read is not there. I should not have to keep changing the setting to get it to work properly, should I?

Microsoft to Microsoft, it should work. Right?
:angry:

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
When I read a new email on my PC (or delete it), about 3 seconds after doing this, the new message indication on the phone goes away, so it's working normally on mine. However when I archive an email on the PC, it tends to sit in the Inbox on my phone for a while (although it shows it as being read) or will definitely show as archived on the phone if I hit the sync button at the bottom. So mine is not perfect but I don't have any problem with New or deleted messages being synced like you're having.

Does it work properly if you have the sync setting on 'as items arrive', as this is what I have mine on?

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I started with it that way and had the same issues. I then removed my account and started from scratch. It worked for a while and recently started acting up again. I put it at 1 hour because I thought the "as items arrive" was draining the battery badly. I really don't need my phone to THAT on top of it all. I have a pc at both home and work that I monitor my Hotmail account with. It is just when I am away from both that I feel I need it and once per hour is plenty. Regardless, Microsoft seems to have a hard time working with their own products. They put so much effort into making stuff work with other vendors instead of building on their own ecosystem. iTunes vs Zune. Zune was great for managing podcasts, syncing music and updating firmware. They totally abandoned it and put the effort into making Windows Phone 8 work with iTunes. WTF??? I'm sure they are going to come full circle and get back to something similar with new Xbox branding, but c'mon man.

It is frustrating that Microsoft was 1st in a lot of categories. They were so busy getting involved in everything that they forgot the most important step... Apple made it work.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, must be frustrating, but it doesn't appear that too many people have the problem, don't know why it's happening with you though. Have you tried this suggestion in that thread about it. Also, try changing the amount of emails to sync, to say 2 weeks or 3 days, just to see if that tricks it into working again.

evillama

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else still seeing this issue? I'm using Hotmail (Outlook) on multiple devices - Lumia 928, Surface Pro with Outlook 2013, and on various web browsers.

Accessing mail from a web browser is always accurate since I'm tapping directly into my mailbox, but neither Outlook nor WP8 can keep the sync correct. Outlook doesn't sync changes up properly all the time (doesn't remove messages from mailbox after deleting or archiving) and WP8 seems to be the worst - deleted messages continue to stay on the phone until manually deleted.

Why can't all the teams talk to one another and get sync'ing fixed? At least offer a "Re-sync Inbox Manually Now" function to meticulously compare each and every message up on the server and delete or download whatever is different to bring the Outlook or WP clients up-to-date? I wouldn't mind clicking that once a day or once a week.

Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss