My WiFi keeps disconnecting when screen turns off.

farazk86

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

After being an android ******. I decided to try out WP8, and got a lumia 520.

All is well except for one problem that is driving me up the wall. The wifi disconnects when the screen turns off. It is persistent and no matter what I do. It will disconnect as soon as the screen turns off. Due to this im always offline on viber, skype, whats app..

Yes, I have disabled battery saver, and yes I have enabled "Keep wifi on when screen times out". Even then it disconnects wifi when screen turns off.

I have done a hard reset (the one which deleted all my data) but even that did not fix the problem.

How can I fix this?

P.S. warranty is not possible as I bought this phone in UK when I went there on visit, I am now in my home country.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
If you have all the stuff checked, as you say you do, then I don't know. Some apps have the option to enable "run under lock screen". Also ensure that the apps you do want constantly on are enable in background tasks under settings, swipe left. Otherwise, don't know..

farazk86

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So is there no way to fix this? Can I not flash a custom ROM on it? or is there any way I can flash the stock windows on it again?

Steven Ealy

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Poster of this thread: Yes, I have disabled battery saver, and yes I have enabled "Keep wifi on when screen times out".

eugie: Go to wifi settings then change to keep wifi on if screen lock

microsoft-chairman-and-former-ceo-bill-gates.jpg
Reading is a fundamental subject we took in school. Did this guy even bother reading the post?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa