Anyone Ever Use The Wallet On WP8?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just opened it for the first time, it seems to haven't debit/credit cards I use for app purchases, but what else can it do? If I wanted to use it for a NFC purchase how would that work? Any places that support NFC purchases?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you get the gift card codes from Bing Rewards for apps in the Store (1.25 and 3 dollars currently)
You put the code into Wallet

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Being in Canada, I assume that NFC payments aren't supported here.

Although it was cool to see my xbox balance automatically show up there next to my stored credit card.

ikinal

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I have my Walgreens Balance Rewards card in my wallet - I just bring it up every time I shop there and have them scan my code from my phone. Very convenient.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I use it quite a bit, I have FidMe for loyalty cards, Paypal, my debit card, Living Social and GAME Rewards in there as well as deals from the vouchercodes.co.uk app. In December Visa and MasterCard should have their apps for contactless payments available as well which should integrate with the wallet.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
how did u get ur xbox bbalance to show in there?

To be honest, I have no idea. I got the notice on my Xbox when they changed points to dollars, then a day or two later it just showed up on my phone. I just chalked it up to cross-platform integration. As I have the same email and gamertag for both my Xbox live and windows phone.

-edit-

Also just fyi it shows up as "Microsoft account", with the Microsoft logo as the picture.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i think i figured out maybe because i have my connect with xbox turned off in the games section to preserve battery that may be why mines isnt displaying

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I wish wallet would also store my credit card and account user names and passwords. Instead I use the app Keeper which works across almost every platform.

I use wallet to make my app purchases. I have my At&t account, and a credit and debit card on it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I protect my phone's store using wallet everyday. Now I don't have to worry about my friends being really cheeky and downloading those expensive game because they think it is funny or a nephew doing it by mistake.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it , and I dont need to input any password or any more information other than my PIN that I had set. I connected it to my PayPal account. works like a charm! :)

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The wallet is pretty cool but MS needs to solidify and unify their payment crap (excuse my technical verbiage). I have funds on my Xbox that I can't use on my wallet for my WP. I had a gift card that expired on my account that was being charged instead of my paypal (which is my primary payment option). It kept charging my funds to the gift card without an option to change it and then my xbox live membership got transferred to the gift card even though it was expired and my xbox live gold wasn't up.

I had to spend about 35 minutes on the phone with MS (who was actually very helpful) for her to put in the charges again for all the purchases that had went through...but didn't go through...but I had access to them. An "absolutely mess" as she explained their current payment systems between all the platforms.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The wallet is pretty cool but MS needs to solidify and unify their payment crap (excuse my technical verbiage). I have funds on my Xbox that I can't use on my wallet for my WP. I had a gift card that expired on my account that was being charged instead of my paypal (which is my primary payment option). It kept charging my funds to the gift card without an option to change it and then my xbox live membership got transferred to the gift card even though it was expired and my xbox live gold wasn't up.

I had to spend about 35 minutes on the phone with MS (who was actually very helpful) for her to put in the charges again for all the purchases that had went through...but didn't go through...but I had access to them. An "absolutely mess" as she explained their current payment systems between all the platforms.

That should change when Microsoft unify the app stores.

WinMaverick

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I wish wallet would also store my credit card and account user names and passwords. Instead I use the app Keeper which works across almost every platform.

I use wallet to make my app purchases. I have my At&t account, and a credit and debit card on it.

The notes section after adding credit/debit card could be used for keeping account no, credit card no, customer id, etc.

For keeping username/passwords, I use completely separate password protected note app. I feel safer this way than using dedicated keeper apps where data is entered in own respective fields.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
In December Visa and MasterCard should have their apps for contactless payments available as well which should integrate with the wallet.

Where did you read this? Was Windows Phone mentioned as one of the platforms? It was my understanding that this requires a secure sim and at the moment no operator in the UK seems to be geared up for this. Orange does in a way, but it's limited to certain handsets and only if you bought it from them; so no good for unbranded phones.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Where did you read this? Was Windows Phone mentioned as one of the platforms? It was my understanding that this requires a secure sim and at the moment no operator in the UK seems to be geared up for this. Orange does in a way, but it's limited to certain handsets and only if you bought it from them; so no good for unbranded phones.

The VISA and Matercard websites have a list of devices the app will be released for and Windows Phones are on the list. You can request a secure SIM from the mobile operator so SIM free devices aren't left out!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99