Volume automatically lower down!

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my Lumia 620's volume is very often getting down itself and doesn't let me turn up when the earphones are connected. This is normally happening when my earphones are connected and the only way to turn up the volume again is to remove the earphones turn up the volume and connect them again. Has any one encounteted this problem? My lumia 620 is running Amber.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm...... I thought this thread might be about the intensely aggravating matter of WP resetting audio volume after, for instance, disconnecting a charger. I can't count the number of missed calls, messages, and alarms because of this evil "feature." OK, back to OP, I've not had that problem. Volume works fine with earphones in. Wish they had a few more decibels to ramp up.

hsn97

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm...... I thought this thread might be about the intensely aggravating matter of WP resetting audio volume after, for instance, disconnecting a charger. I can't count the number of missed calls, messages, and alarms because of this evil "feature." OK, back to OP, I've not had that problem. Volume works fine with earphones in. Wish they had a few more decibels to ramp up.

Is it possible that the samsung earphones I'm using causing this?

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
When plugging earphones (if the volume is like over 15?) volume drops to 13 to save damage to ears, I am not sure of the exact technical explanation but you are not alone :)

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
This is something I found, not sure if it relates to the actual issue. I was messing with Kid's corner and found that every time you enter Kid's corner the volume drops to 13/13. However upon entering the normal profile you are still stuck with 13/30. The volume has to be manually increased in the normal profile.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It drops suddenly with a messagebox telling me all about ear safety, even when I connect via Bluetooth to my car stereo. Quite aggravating.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem as hsn97. When using earphone, the volume down to 0 and it would not let me to increase the volume. It stayed at 0. I had this problem even without amber update.

rodgerbarwick

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Originally the phone would default to 15/30 volume on startup. After the latest update recently it now defaults to 13/30 on startup. I can find no way to set to a different startup value. This is really annoying. I keep forgetting to turn the ringer volume up on startup and sometimes go for hours unaware of calls/texts. Who was the village ***** who thought this one up? (Imagine assorted profanity).

krishnan srinivasan

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Message and Volume reduction is inbuilt stuff not a bug. But volume keep dropping is a bug.it won't let you to increase , even if it does it will go back to zero . Tried soft reboot , power off ..didn't work. Though you close the music app , when u press your volume up button , Music app still appears ..!!! That's bug. I found a app to kill the music app . And i'll have to restart the music app to listen to songs. As of now this works.Hoping for a solution from microsoft with Windows 8.1 UPDATE 2 or atleast with windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss