Corrupt file system?

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Still trying to fix my Smart DJ and have been copying and deleting and copying and deleting files to and from the phone trying various .mp3 files. This worked much better with Zune than Xbox Music. Now it seems my file system may be corrupt. Can't delete any music using the Windows App desktop. Says it can't find the file. Any way to delete more than one song at a time?

Used the Windows Explorer to try to do it manually. Deleted everything .mp3 related except in the Album folder I see multiple listings for the same albums. When trying to delete I get, "The device has either stopped responding or has disconnected."

Any help to clean off anything music related and start again? How do I keep the Windows App Metro version from starting and start the desktop version instead?

Winger67

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I know I can shut down the metro app but I didn't want it to launch every time I reconnected which is every few minutes while I try to fix my phone. I could delete some files before I started getting some errors. Reset, then delete more, repeat. Still, there are play buttons under artists on the phone but no artists names listed. They don't play anyway. There are no albums or songs. How do I completely wipe out the Music catalog on the phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss