Brightness toggle needed

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Surfing around various WP forums, I haven't seen many requests for a brightness API.

I use brightness several times a day, and have a massive need for a pinned toggle. It's bad enough they don't allow third party access, but they bury the thing so far in the settings menu there is no quick way to get to it.

I just haven't seen this request on any forums here, xda, or that myvoice thing. Anyone else see this as a must?

Also, does anyone know why access isn't allowed?

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an ATIV S.

Maybe mine is the exception, but the auto setting doesn't change on a gradient, it just changes the screen to either low, med, or high. Further to that, most times in broad daylight it won't change to high, so I can barely see the screen. I find myself digging in the settings for it at least... 4 times a day I'd say.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Two replies sadly tells me I'm right; this isn't a much requested feature.

Which doesn't make sense. Both iOS and Android have brightness sliders within one finger slide. They see a need for it and implement it, why not MS? It's just one of those basic things that really needs to be front and centre.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've wanted this toggle since day one of WP! I actually had one on my dev unlocked HD2 running WP7, but once mango came around it killed the ability to use that toggle anymore. Haven't seen anything since then. The auto brightness on these phones just doesn't cut it.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't have a need for this, but.... I'm me. Why not just leave it on high during the day, then switch to auto at night?? Not the ideal, but....

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I've wanted this toggle since day one of WP! I actually had one on my dev unlocked HD2 running WP7, but once mango came around it killed the ability to use that toggle anymore. Haven't seen anything since then. The auto brightness on these phones just doesn't cut it.

Yes! Good to see I'm not alone!! Yeah I don't understand why it's never in the list of new things we can do.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I personally don't have a need for this, but.... I'm me. Why not just leave it on high during the day, then switch to auto at night?? Not the ideal, but....

Yeah I could do that. The auto isn't as dark as Low though, so at night I turn it to low to avoid eye strain. I'm just like that though I guess, I like setting my own brightness during the day. Like I said above, auto never works the way I prefer. Always sets it either too dark or too light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12