Recovering Deleted Texts?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a dilemma... Last night, I was watching TV on Crackle on my iPod touch, while at the same time, texting back and forth with my boyfriend on my Lumia 920. At one point, I accidentally tapped something on the screen about deleting the thread and accidentally hit "yes," which of course deleted our entire text thread. There were texts between us dating back since November, and I'm a sentimental gal who likes to occasionally scroll through our conversations, so this is very upsetting. :crying: I also have a Lumia 810 I no longer use, so I'm wondering if I could recover my texts but get them back on my 920 somehow?? I understand that once texts are deleted from your phone, they're also gone from the cloud... But if I didn't delete them from my 810, is there any way possible of getting them back on my 920? Please help! :unhappy:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If your 820 is connected to WiFi then it will sync and u will loose everything..

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
IF (and that's a big if) the texts haven't backed up since you deleted, then you could do a factory restore of the phone, and get them back in the restore process. At this point, though, I'd say you've lost that chance. Not knowing how frequently texts get backed up, it's hard to say how much time you had to do so, but I wouldn't have tried it beyond a few minutes after the fatal mistake.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I checked my 810 earlier and saw that I have texts up to August 21st. So at least there's that. I definitely don't want to do a factory restore of my 920, so I guess I'll have to live with it as is.

Raybz

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how to get it back to the phone.....BUT If you use live.com or outlook.com as the email of your phone

Open outlook.com on your PC, go to your account and hit message history then in the address bar remove the last few charaters up to the & then hit enter
You will now see EVERY text EVER!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to get it back to the phone.....BUT If you use live.com or outlook.com as the email of your phone

Open outlook.com on your PC, go to your account and hit message history then in the address bar remove the last few charaters up to the & then hit enter
You will now see EVERY text EVER!

I use Yahoo! as my main email on my phone, but I also have Hotmail on it (can't delete the app for it). I just tried your trick but it didn't work. It says 0 messages. Oh well, thanks anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers