"My Videos" hub?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Y'know how these windows phones sometimes do things in your pocket all by themselves? Like "sorry, couldn't hear anything. Try saying 'call mom..' etc..?

Well today I pulled my 1020 out of my pocket and it was on this "my videos" screen.. Kinda looks like the picture hub with thumbnails of the videos I've taken in my camera roll... With the top left video preview actually playing the video as a thumb.

I hit the back arrow and closed it, but now I can't figure out where that is or get back to it. Anyone know? I wish I would've thought to take a screen shot. Note, this is not the "videos" part of the Xbox music hub thing.

Anyone?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you perhaps use the windows phone app and imported them that way. I was able to create a folder called my pictures and import that onto my phone. Under pictures hub it is listed has my pictures.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine show up under the "music and videos" hub.
It's kinda in two different places. Movies I've copied to my sd card, show up in music/videos. Videos I've recorded on the phone show up under the pictures hub.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you perhaps use the windows phone app and imported them that way. I was able to create a folder called my pictures and import that onto my phone. Under pictures hub it is listed has my pictures.
Nope. These were videos recorded with the phone in the camera roll.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine show up under the "music and videos" hub.
It's kinda in two different places. Movies I've copied to my sd card, show up in music/videos. Videos I've recorded on the phone show up under the pictures hub.

Yes, same here. The movies/videos I copy to the phone show up in Xbox music/videos and the videos I record with the camera show up under the camera roll/photos hub...

Only this was something different. Something I have not seen before. It showed ONLY the videos I had recorded with the camera, and had thumbnails the size of the small tile and in the upper left had one large square thumb/tile that is plays the video as a preview.

Damn, I wish I would've taken a screenshot.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I swear it was a "my videos" (as in my videos recorded with the phone/camera) hub.

Nobody else has come across this? I know I wasn't seeing things, but damn I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

Sanjay Kumar Singh

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Go to store and download Nokia Video Upload. Open it and you will see all your video from camera roll with top left playing as thumbnails. You can open it from within the Music +Video Hub also. Open Music +Video swipe left ,scroll through application and open Nokia Video Upload.

Last edited:

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to store and download Nokia Video Upload. Open it and you will see all your video from camera roll with top left playing as thumbnails. You can open it from within the Music +Video Hub also. Open Music +Video swipe left ,scroll through application and open Nokia Video Upload.
That's it! I already have Nokia Video Upload.. Apparently that's what I was seeing. Thank you so much! I thought I was seeing things/losing my mind lol 😊

Sanjay Kumar Singh

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
That's it! I already have Nokia Video Upload.. Apparently that's what I was seeing. Thank you so much! I thought I was seeing things/losing my mind lol 😊
One more tip,if you want WP don't do anything on it's own in your pocket just go to setting-touch and switch off Double tap to wake up phone.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
One more tip,if you want WP don't do anything on it's own in your pocket just go to setting-touch and switch off Double tap to wake up phone.

yeah, I turned off double tap to wake on my 1020 just for that reason... But it still manages to awaken and do things in my pocket. My 920 did the same thing even before GDR2/Amber where there IS NO double tap feature lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss