Me Live Tile Not Updating Profile Photo

meet0007

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I just fix issue of me tile on my phone.
Just update pic from me the only on facebook not for outlook.
And your me tile update with latest pic.

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Changing the photo in Facebook on your computer, instead of your phone, seems to have worked for me. Loaded the new photo on my laptop, which was already correctly being displayed in Facebook. Then I got on my phone, tapped on the Me tile and the new photo immediately popped into place.

It seems like there's some connectivity issue where data isn't filtering through in both directions. It goes out phone, but doesn't come back to the phone like it should.

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried ticking just Facebook and not Outlook and yes, it fixed it for a while, then it reverted back to the old photo. I'll try later changing it with my laptop.

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Used this method from another post on answers.Microsoft.com:

Short Version:
Open your "Profile Pictures" Album on facebook on your computer.
Click "Edit or Remove" on the top left corner of your most recent profile picture.
Click "Make Profile Picture"
Click "Confirm" when a facebook message pops up. This will update your Me Tile.

Worked great for me.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Short Version:
Click "Edit or Remove" on the top left corner of your most recent profile picture.

Worked great for me.

Exactly right, works for me too. The issue seems to be that the Me tile picks up whatever photo is your FB profile album cover photo. The only way to change the album cover photo now is to follow these steps.

LP Slade

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Nokia Lumia 521 with the developer's/"enthusiast's" GDR3. I noticed this issue well over a month ago (before I installed GDR3) when I changed my profile picture. I just unconnected Facebook from my phone and reconnected and it updated the Me tile, but less than 5 minutes later it reverted to the previous picture. I've tried manually updating it and it doesn't work. What's more, I'm also experiencing the issue with the People Hub not updating people's photos. I'm using this phone as a secondary phone and am seriously considering getting a 1020 as a primary phone (would be a switch from an iPhone 5), but things like this are what keep me from taking the plunge.

RobinPaul

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It's on Facebook end, if you go to ur friends albums and see the album: Profile picture you will see the same picture as in you friends profile on your phone. Same as with the Me tile. It's all facebook, cause the Ablum: Profile Pictures it takes a older photo for the album cover. Go to some friends on your facebook.com account and check the album Profile Pictures and you will see it will show same picture as in your phone in the people hub.

jrmy02

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Short Version:

Worked great for me.

Thanks!!
This method works!!!!!!

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I will try your solution.

But: If you go to Outlook.com and check on the Contacts page, the right pics should be displayed! So it is correct on the MS side, just not getting transferred to the Phone...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05