From Android to WP8

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys - I'm going from an HTC One to an 8XT. I'm stoked and a little nervous. I'm wondering if there are any guides to make this as seamless as possible or if any of you have any tips.

Thank you!

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
You should be nervous because you're about to make the jump from the hottest Android phone to a Windows Phone that for all intents and purposes will be well and truly outdated on October 22. If you haven't made the switch, I seriously suggest you wait for GDR3 devices.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Since you're on sprint I'd recommend you go for the Samsung ATIV S Neo as it has a higher resolution screen similar to the one in that they're both HD. However if you don't have much left on your contract I'd recommend switching carriers entirely as it seems that sprint has cold feet with WP.
You should be nervous because you're about to make the jump from the hottest Android phone to a Windows Phone that for all intents and purposes will be well and truly outdated on October 22. If you haven't made the switch, I seriously suggest you wait for GDR3 devices.

Not necessarily outdated, it will still be usable and will be supported just like the GDR3 devices.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Really, the only reason I'm switching is because someone just about gave me the phone on Craigslist (it's pretty much new, but the guy bought the new iPhone and wanted my Nexus). I am not using an upgrade or losing my One, but I do love the Windows OS for mobile from what I used on my HTC Arrive and I want to spend some time with it! I really want to like it. So far it's not at all a bad phone at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99