Tutorial: How to fix the endless spinning gears/cogs bug (for Nokia Lumia users only)

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
what other way to do hard reset have been thinking about it?

Step 1
Make sure the phone is turned off.

1. Press and hold the power key.
2. Phone vibrates (release the key)
3. Press and hold the volume down key.
4. Exclamation mark is shown on the screen (release the volume down key).

Step 2
Input the following key combination:

1. Volume Up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

foggys pal

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I just ran through the Updater and got to the screen that says, "some or all data will be erased." Is this the screen that is supposed to come up? I really don't want to lose my data.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I just ran through the Updater and got to the screen that says, "some or all data will be erased." Is this the screen that is supposed to come up? I really don't want to lose my data.

Updating via NSU or NCS will erase your data. If you're updating it OTA then you won't lose your data.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Step 1
Make sure the phone is turned off.

1. Press and hold the power key.
2. Phone vibrates (release the key)
3. Press and hold the volume down key.
4. Exclamation mark is shown on the screen (release the volume down key).

Step 2
Input the following key combination:

1. Volume Up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

The phone will reset and boot up automatically.
this will work?....no issues?

joshpjost

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting an error when trying to install Nokia Software Updater on my Windows 7 machine. "This operating system is not adequate for running Nokia Software Updater for Retail". I've also tried to change the compatibility for the program to Windows XP, and it gets further, tries to install drivers but still get the same error message.

Any insight?

RyanAMG

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I think you need a windows8 computer. I remember reading that but one would think W7 would work as they can run the same programs.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

You loose data when you do a software update when you use this or update your phone ie AMBER/GDR2 you back up your phone which is apps and photos an....don't you know that you have to back up your phone, in systems setting open backup and read "what gets backed up" if you don't know about resetting your phone and backing it up don't do this until you read up on it.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Got my 920 back to life. Procedure didn't go exactly like on first post but it works now :smile:

I did reset from phone settings and it stuck on spinning cogs. I have done this 2 times before but this time it got stuck.

I'm happy that it works again. I'm gonna pass this to my mom since i have 1520 now. If she doesn't like it i sell it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb