Video Text Message

pnrgi

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Any idea why you cant attach video text messages?
I did this all the time with the iphone, same carrier, same video length.
New to: WP8 || Nokia 1020

Attaching Videos displays Error: "Cant attach video: the file cant be attached to your message"
Videos have been shot in 720p and 1080p (the only options allowed by Nokia Pro Camera)
Less than 30 seconds in length.

Is there no auto compression on this OS? Is there a step I am missing?
Picture messages, and standard texts work fine.

Thank you for the help :cool:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What carrier do you have?

If AT&T is your carrier: The AT&T mobile broadband network will deliver MMS (picture, video or audio) messages of up to 600 kilobytes (KB). Media file attachments will be compressed on the device prior to being sent in order to keep the message size below 600 KB. The maximum size for sending and receiving MMS messages is also dependent upon the recipient's device and the limitations of other carriers' networks (e.g., other carriers may have a lower MMS size limit than AT&T).

Source

30 seconds at 720p would be too big to send as MMS.

pnrgi

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I do have ATT, So that some good information.
I guess I need a new topic on how the I can compress the videos on this sucker.
Or I suppose the loss of imessage is really whats holding me back. sigh.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I've sent a video recorded at 720p recorded on my 8X to my friend who has an iPhone 5 before. It appeared windowboxed on her phone and was processed by the phone before being sent. We're both on T-mobile.

onlinespending

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Why not use email or another instant messaging application?

Because this isn't a satisfactory solution. Every other phone OS that I'm aware of simply compresses the video on the phone prior to sending it via MMS so that it fits within the size limits. Simply not attaching it or requiring the user use some other app (that your friend may or may not have) is not acceptable.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Because this isn't a satisfactory solution. Every other phone OS that I'm aware of simply compresses the video on the phone prior to sending it via MMS so that it fits within the size limits. Simply not attaching it or requiring the user use some other app (that your friend may or may not have) is not acceptable.

It's on ATT's end. Every other phone OS will have the same problem sending it through MMS. The OP says he was able to send it through iMessage before, which is iphone specific. You'll have to find a Google specific option for Android and a Windows option (like Rooms) for windows phone. OR, you can find a cross-compatible solution like email, skype, or skydrive.

onlinespending

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
It's on ATT's end. Every other phone OS will have the same problem sending it through MMS. The OP says he was able to send it through iMessage before, which is iphone specific. You'll have to find a Google specific option for Android and a Windows option (like Rooms) for windows phone. OR, you can find a cross-compatible solution like email, skype, or skydrive.

Yes the limit is imposed by the carrier and the MMS protocol. But that doesn't preclude the OS from compressing the video to fit within those limits. That's what other phones do as far as I'm aware. I'm able to send long video files over MMS (not using iMessage) with the iPhone without an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre