Want to revert to Pre Amber? Here's how.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I own an Lumia 720 and after amber not only I but many users said they are facing different issues regarding battery and other performances. I think after a hard reset I found that only parts of gdr2 are working that is Flip to silence and performance fixes. I could not find Glance ( which I am happy about- drains my battery) and the colour schemes. I think this is because I have still not got the Extras Infos updates and glance updates. I think I will leave my phone in this condition, better in this way.

Also the phone settings doesnt show amber is installed which is obvious. I now need to assess the performance in the coming days.:winktongue:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why anyone would want to revert to pre-Amber. Would be better to get a good install of Amber rather than running backward because something went bad. Beyond that, you kinda left out the HOW part.

suntu

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I own an Lumia 720 and after amber not only I but many users said they are facing different issues regarding battery and other performances. I think after a hard reset I found that only parts of gdr2 are working that is Flip to silence and performance fixes. I could not find Glance ( which I am happy about- drains my battery) and the colour schemes. I think this is because I have still not got the Extras Infos updates and glance updates. I think I will leave my phone in this condition, better in this way.

Also the phone settings doesnt show amber is installed which is obvious. I now need to assess the performance in the coming days.:winktongue:

Exactly, here's how my phones weird problem post Amber update :angry: :angry:

NO exact solution to the problem from Nokia Care/here :unhappy:.....there's no other go than doing a Hard reset :angry: and Now everything works perfect as pre-Amber.

Finally, Amber is NO way a bug fixer but a 'BUG' itself :angry::angry:

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
If you dont face a problem well and good but if you do you will face quite a many. If you check the Nokia forums, the problems have rised more than the solutions.
I don't know why anyone would want to revert to pre-Amber. Would be better to get a good install of Amber rather than running backward because something went bad. Beyond that, you kinda left out the HOW part.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
If you dont face a problem well and good but if you do you will face quite a many. If you check the Nokia forums, the problems have rised more than the solutions.
I'm saying you offered no solution. You said you had a way but you offered nothing.

I'm saying in the absence of a clear solution, why would you want to step backward rather than get an update that works? Amber works. But as these things go, not all will see the same results.
Things to consider: If you happen to have faulty ram on your phone, these updates will find them.
If you damage your equipment from dropping it, getting it wet etc, when that equipment is flashed with new code, those issues will be discovered. Period. The only solution is to replace the phone. I suspect reflashing the ROM would work too if you could get it.

Now, if the phone was practically FULL as mine was, the updates take longer to complete. Mine took 3 plus hours. My wife's phone took 20 minutes. Maybe yours failed to complete because you got impatient, thought you should intervene and rebooted the phone, I don't know. But it is pretty common that when expectation and reality meet for people to panic and reboot.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
There was no problem with the update mate ! i have all the features that I need but somehow the battery just gets drained and the camera was not as great as it was. the "HOW" is a hard reset on carieer unlocked devices without updating system apps..
I'm saying you offered no solution. You said you had a way but you offered nothing.

I'm saying in the absence of a clear solution, why would you want to step backward rather than get an update that works? Amber works. But as these things go, not all will see the same results.
Things to consider: If you happen to have faulty ram on your phone, these updates will find them.
If you damage your equipment from dropping it, getting it wet etc, when that equipment is flashed with new code, those issues will be discovered. Period. The only solution is to replace the phone. I suspect reflashing the ROM would work too if you could get it.

Now, if the phone was practically FULL as mine was, the updates take longer to complete. Mine took 3 plus hours. My wife's phone took 20 minutes. Maybe yours failed to complete because you got impatient, thought you should intervene and rebooted the phone, I don't know. But it is pretty common that when expectation and reality meet for people to panic and reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb