How do I update the picture on my "Me" live tile?

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes, ok.. But why in the hell should I have to do all that stuff to update the tile, when other people tiles update automatically when they change their pic?? It doesn't make any sense to me really..

If this is the case--that the Me tile simply grabs the cover photo from the Profile pictures album on Facebook--then I'm not annoyed at Windows Phone for displaying that picture. The real question is, why doesn't Facebook automatically change the cover photo for the Profile pictures album when you change your profile picture to a new picture. That's kind of dumb.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If this is the case--that the Me tile simply grabs the cover photo from the Profile pictures album on Facebook--then I'm not annoyed at Windows Phone for displaying that picture. The real question is, why doesn't Facebook automatically change the cover photo for the Profile pictures album when you change your profile picture to a new picture. That's kind of dumb.

Indeed, it was Facebook's fault. And now they fixed it. From Joe Belfiore on Twitter:

And.. Facebook fixed the me tile issue. Try updating your me tile / profile photo again and it should update just fine.(@joebelfiore)

drgeri

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
My problem is that Me tile show Facebook profile photo while I want to show my Microsoft profile photo...with my Nokia 900 I could do that,now with Amber in the 720,I can't!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that Me tile show Facebook profile photo while I want to show my Microsoft profile photo...with my Nokia 900 I could do that,now with Amber in the 720,I can't!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 720 using Tapatalk

This^
Exactly the question on my mind which is still unanswered :/

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I do not even use Facebook and I am having this problem. The original photo that I had for LinkedIn is being used on My "me tile". However, I changed that photo in LinkedIn over a month ago, and deleted the original photo from my account. The new photo shows on LinkedIn and other apps. Yet, the original photo still shows on "me tile."

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get this facebook and other crap when it comes to the Me Tile, I have a WP a Microsoft OS that is tied to my live account, so why the hell would it just not use my profile pic from my Live account?
Just FYI on my WP8 it uses the profile pic I have set up as my gamertag.

Jerry_McGowan

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone ever work this one out ?
My experience is as follows...
I have a Samung Ativ S, I dropped and cracked the screen, the picture for my "ME" tile is the picture I used 3 months ago and wasn't really that bothered that it never changed BUT I have just got a Nokia 925 which I have restored with my microsoft account and I have noticed that the "ME" tile has the correct picture (taken from Facebook), my picture for my live account is completely different and hasn't changed in a year so it looks like the picture must be set when the accounts are synced on the device.
I have the latest updates on both phones and have added the developer preview on both to make sure I'm right upto date.
There must be some way to trigger the update if it is not autmatically getting it from Facebook etc.
BTW I have the Facebook Beta app so not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Hope input is useful, If I figure it out will post back

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Delete the pic being used in facebook (on the facebook website) for profile pics. There is a bug where that photo always stays. I'm guessing the photo on your me tile is that one (despite you wanting to change it).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos