Screen going off on making/accepting Call even when phone is not near to ear.

delhi160

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am facing this new issue since I installed the latest phone updates last week. Earlier, when phone was not near the ear during calls, the screen would come up and show options like End call, mute, keypad or any other screen options.

But now since last update, all I am seeing is screen going off. I don't have any option of ending the call now, leaving me on the mercy of the other person to end the call. Not able to do any IVRS operation etc. I tried pressing power/lock key too, but didn't help. Is anyone else facing this issue?

delhi160

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have Lumia 520. I installed the 3 updates last week from phone update settings. I don't remember the description of update. These were not app updates but OS updates.

delhi160

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My screen is covered by the plastic that came on it as new purchase. I hadn't removed that plastic cover to protect against dust. But I am using the phone since last 6 months without seeing the above issue. It is occurring only since last week. So, the plastic cover should not be the issue here. The only change I remember was installing new phone updates.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
My screen is covered by the plastic that came on it as new purchase. I hadn't removed that plastic cover to protect against dust. But I am using the phone since last 6 months without seeing the above issue. It is occurring only since last week. So, the plastic cover should not be the issue here. The only change I remember was installing new phone updates.

A friend of mine kept complaining that his (1 year old) Nokia Lumia 920 kept taking blurry pictures compared with mine. When I looked at the phone I found that same piece of plastic covering the camera lens. Needless to say that he is happy now.

Remove that plastic and if you feel that you need protection use a quality screen protector. I never had a screen protector on my Lumia 920 since I got it last November. That soft plastic doesn't provide much protection and besides it makes it hard to slide your fingers on the screen.

Other than that make sure that in the normal course of handling the phone it doesn't detect your hand thus making the screen turn off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes