Now I font want to instal gdr3... But got the notification..

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I registered to download gdr3 and got the notification for the update in settings.. But now I am thinking to wait untill the official update comes... But can't get rid of the update notification.. Is there any way...?????

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Go back into the "Preview for Developers" app and uncheck "Enable preview for developers". This should unregister you for the updates.

However, I don't know why you want to hold off for the official update. It's the same exact thing. There won't be a single difference, except the carriers will say "this update is tested and it works."

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Thnks... But i have already tried that.. But in settings..it says you have a update to download... And only a download option is there..i want to revert that.. So i can check for future updates

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Go back into the "Preview for Developers" app and uncheck "Enable preview for developers". This should unregister you for the updates.

However, I don't know why you want to hold off for the official update. It's the same exact thing. There won't be a single difference, except the carriers will say "this update is tested and it works."

Your signature says that all your arguments are based on logic, and that you're a developer. Being a developer, you should know that your second paragraph is nothing more than a guess. All one has to do to prove it wrong is to look at Windows 8. The RTM, even though released to OEMs and MSDN members, is not the final version that will be released on 10/17 (if running Win 8) or 10/18 (if you want an upgrade from 7 or earlier, or the full version).

walter1832

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Let it download, but just don't update when it prompts you to. The notification will probably always remain. Just curious, why are you changing your mind?

Srvgodara

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Let it download, but just don't update when it prompts you to. The notification will probably always remain. Just curious, why are you changing your mind?
At first i wanted it bbadly, but now i think apart from apps killing and rotation lock there isn't anything special, and suppose if i update my phone, and after few days i have any kind of prob, then i don't even have warranty.. So i think i can wait for bittersweet shimmer,

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Your signature says that all your arguments are based on logic, and that you're a developer. Being a developer, you should know that your second paragraph is nothing more than a guess. All one has to do to prove it wrong is to look at Windows 8. The RTM, even though released to OEMs and MSDN members, is not the final version that will be released on 10/17 (if running Win 8) or 10/18 (if you want an upgrade from 7 or earlier, or the full version).

I'm going by what Microsoft said. Sure, they might make a small bugfix or two, but I was just trying to emphasize that there really is no reason to wait. If they make a small change, it will be applied with a final update.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

alot of post here on wpcentral on bugs , apps not working properly etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb