I've read the tips and tricks thread and have learned a lot about my phone. However, I still have yet to figure out an efficient way of going from the home screen to dialing a contact without several taps. Since the dialer automatically opens in the call history, hitting the search button from there only searches your history. Then you have to go into contacts, then hit search and find the name, THEN hit call. Somebody please tell me there's a better way, short of pinning every single contact to the home screen???

The one thing that I REALLY miss about WebOS is the "just type" feature. MS really needs to incorporate this type of feature in the future!
    Funky Cricket likes this.
    10-16-2013 02:27 PM
    I actually start from the people hub, not the phone hub. It eliminates a step. Alternately, if you're in an area where it isn't out of place to speak to your phone, I hold the start button and say, "call john doe mobile." That's the easiest and fastest way to start a call.
    DallasXanadu likes this.
    10-16-2013 03:02 PM
    Ditto on just type. I miss it, android had something close it (at least the Samsung skin did), I was sad when MS didn't have it, search bringing up web only seems stupid, I miss choosing wiki or imdb for search terms as well. That was something in webOS they really really did right.
    10-16-2013 03:39 PM
    I had thought previously about going through the people hub. Think I'll switch places on my home screen between those 2 tiles. I hope MS streamlines the dialer in future updates. It actually bothers me more than the notification issue, as it's such a basic function of any phone.
    10-16-2013 04:33 PM
    I've also not found a way to search within the SMS app. I guess everything is a compromise. Still love the phone.
    10-16-2013 04:42 PM
    Best way is to make groups for your contacts and pin them. That's what i do.
    10-16-2013 04:42 PM