Kickstarter - Want to control your sprinklers from your WP8?

Fogo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to share with you guys a Kickstarter project some friends of mine are working on. It's a device to control your yard sprinklers via your phone. They're pretty close to funding the device with iOS support, and have Windows Phone support as one of their stretch goals. (Unfortunately, it's also the most expensive stretch goal.)

Lono Sprinkler Controller

Even if they don't get the funding though, there's still going to be an open API that would allow you to make a WP phone app to work with the thing. So, if you're interested in this sort of thing, and would like to see a WP version of the app, check it out. Let these guys know that more than just a handful of people actually use & love their WP. (And their yards.)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
If I had a sprinkler system, I'd jump on it however this could do with some more coverage. I don't suppose you have already tipped the WPC guys about an article?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Same here, there are plenty of people out there with lawns this could also boost wp, as the best form of marketing is the word of mouth. I mean who would you trust more? an article on the net or your neigbour? Then again I guess being in good terms with them would always help lol. I've plonked it into my signature lol.. hopefully that gets some donations to the kick starter project :p.

Fogo

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
If I had a sprinkler system, I'd jump on it however this could do with some more coverage. I don't suppose you have already tipped the WPC guys about an article?

Haven't tipped the site - was going to, but I couldn't find any links/contact info. (Probably just didn't look hard enough though.) Figured I'd just share the info here and see who was interested, and hopefully drum up some WP support. (Full disclosure, I used to work for this company. That's how I know these guys. I used to hound them all the time to do more WP stuff, and I didn't see leaving the company as a good reason to stop. ;)

Edit: I didn't look hard enough, but I just found it. Tip sent. (Amazing what a little ctrl-F can do…)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ahh I see, well at least you've been upfront and disclosed that you used to work for the company. Hopefully we will see an article soon, given that they are probably very busy with the coverage from Nokia World.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Man, this would be great. They are right, existing sprinkler controllers do suck. I just pledged a buck forty to this project. Thanks for posting!

-E

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Pity they didn't make it up to WP mark.. but I guess not many people use sprinkler systems. Sorry to be a downer I don't see a WP app coming anytime soon now given they were short of their target :( and the US market share is growing slowly compared to the rest of the world at present however hopefully that changes with WP 8.1 :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa