Driving Mode requires Bluetooth??

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Just did the developer GDR3, all is good. However I was disappointed to learn that driving mode -requires- a Bluetooth connection.

First off what about those of us who don't have Bluetooth capabilities in their vehicle?

Also, I was hoping to use this as a profile of sorts. To turn on when I'm very focused at work, or out jogging.

I'm getting a pair of Bluetooth headphones soon, I guess I'll have to wait to pair it with them to enable driving mode.

Odd choice to make it a requirement IMHO.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the idea was to make this something that would be triggered automatically when the phone connects to your in-car Bluetooth device.

EchoOne30

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
No I know that, and that in itself is a good idea. What I was saying is that making it ONLY work with bluetooth is an absolutely terrible idea.

poken1151

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree EchoOne, I don't own a car but I'm into Car2Go so I decided to try and set it up before I drove out today. Boom! It asks for a Bluetooth device and I can't move forward.... I mean.... I don't own any Bluetooth devices.... so now I can't use this feature. Funny enough, while using the GPS almost home here comes a phonecall.... and I'm like.. yay....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett