Bug: Glance failed to initialize

Status
Not open for further replies.

martkono

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I may have got bug in Glance on my Lumia 820 with GDR3 preview.

It started yesterday. I had unlocked the phone and tapped back button few times and the phone suddenly restarted. Glance Background Beta app was launched before and not closed, so it may had caused it (I saw few apps while I was tapping back button) but I am not sure. After that everything was fine. I put the phone on charger overnight and when I woke up today, the Glance does not work. It just does not shows up when I lock the phone (no clock, no background).
When I head into system settings and choose glance, every control is disabled. See screenshot, something clearly went wrong.
I tried to check the Glance Background Beta app what it says about this. It gives me error message immediately after the launch saying "!Glance failed to initialize" (see second screenshot) and then closes.

I tried to restart the phone but that does not help. I may try to reset it to factory settings but that is not the best solution for me.
I have updated to GDR3 on Monday, Glance got corrupted on Wednesday. Double tap to wake works, though.

Is here anyone with the same problem? Is there any place where I can report it?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131017_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131017_0001.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • wp_ss_20131017_0002.png
    wp_ss_20131017_0002.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics