What is the best Bluetooth Car Reciever for WP8?

nordicpc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Here's a question that I think a lot of us need an answer to. I have an HTC 8X that I am very happy with. However, Bluetooth connectivity has always been pretty rough. I have an older Pioneer setup in my truck now, which would connected well to my old Trophy, and could connect before GDR3, but now won't connect at all. I'm ready to toss it and put something new in.

So, has anyone had a good experience with an after-market receiver and their Windows Phone? I'm looking for pairing to work correctly so I don't have to connect it every time I start the car, decent audio quality on streaming and calls, and hopefully that latest Bluetooth so I don't have to do this again in a year or two when I get a BT4LE phone that works.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have an Alpine 9886 on my Impreza and it can remember up to five (5) phones. I have my Xperia V, Lumia 610 and HTC 8S (GDR3) paired to it.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Not sure there is one. BT is BT. It either connects or it doesn't. I also have an older Pioneer HU (FH-P800BT) and don't have any issues with my BT connections. In the event you didn't know this you need to pair the two from the telephone section before you can access BT Audio.

nordicpc

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the great input. Per the Pioneer setup I have, I can't get connected either from the phone interface or the Pioneer side. I just keep getting errors. I might try resetting the Bluetooth module later tonight, but ever since GDR3, I've been unable to pair at all.

I've always had good luck with Alpine in the past, and might go that route if I can't get this thing going.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett