Things i can't do on my Lumia 800

Aniket Kushare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
People, if u have suggestions for these problems on WP 7.8, i will be thankful for you eternally..

1. I can't send/receive MS Office files via Bluetooth (a stupid phone with bluetooth and without internet access makes me helpless)
(Also, say i need to present a ppt on a particular PC/laptop, that is connected to a projector, how am i supposed to send the ppt to the PC/laptop?)

2. I can't capture screen/ munch screen (such a headache not being able to save images of maps or highest scores in my phone)

3. I can't crop a pic immediately without using an app (need at least a whole minute to crop, save send it via bluetooth to someone)

4. I can't view Youtube videos (says i need to have a flash player)

5. I can't connect to online people for messaging. (says can't connect to see who's online)

6. I can't stop the sms/whatsapp notification on top (heart ache while playing a game or while doing something else where i wouldn't like to be distracted.)

7. I can't make the camera sound mute. (click click click... why won't it mute?? )

8. I cant select Multiple Pics (i need to send 20-30 pics at a time via Bluetooth or Mail etc... How frustrating it is to select one by one!!)

Last edited:

David Lolohea

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a 800 but i sold it to to buy a 920, although number 7 go to settings >ringtones and sounds >advanced and there should be an option to turn it off there, and for online chat i had the same problem, all you do is go to settings and check if Facebook chat is enabled, if it is and its still not working you have to go to your Microsoft account and allow the Facebook chat permissions manually. It should work fine. Hope this helps

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol, true that.

don't get me wrong i know some cant afford a wp8 or are stuck in contracts but 7.5 i was all over 7.8 the hour it got released. Dude if i was near to you id come and update it for you to stop you suffering using 7.5

If its your carrier that never let out the update i did my Mozart by seveneighter and it worked a treat.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
don't get me wrong i know some cant afford a wp8 or are stuck in contracts but 7.5 i was all over 7.8 the hour it got released. Dude if i was near to you id come and update it for you to stop you suffering using 7.5

If its your carrier that never let out the update i did my Mozart by seveneighter and it worked a treat.

I don't like carrier tied phones, they release it on day 1 promising the stars, and when it comes to updates they say "The stars are far far away, so forget that, we'll give you the moon if you buy a new phone from us with a 2 year contract"

I request OP to update his device to end the suffering.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't like carrier tied phones, they release it on day 1 promising the stars, and when it comes to updates they say "The stars are far far away, so forget that, we'll give you the moon if you buy a new phone from us with a 2 year contract"

Your right i went from a branded Mozart to a unbranded titan and it was great never having to wait but now im on a branded 8x and its annoying. I know they do it for a reason but my titan worked fine on their network so branding them to me is pointless and surely costs them more money in the long run

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

WP7.8 doesnt solve any of the above and doesnt bring anything new other than the WP8 looking start screen,

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
1. I can't send/receive MS Office files via Bluetooth (a stupid phone with bluetooth and without internet access makes me helpless)
(Also, say i need to present a ppt on a particular PC/laptop, that is connected to a projector, how am i supposed to send the ppt to the PC/laptop?)

not possible on WP at all, u wud need internet.

2. I can't capture screen/ munch screen (such a headache not being able to save images of maps or highest scores in my phone)
Not possible at all on Wp7.5/7.8

3. I can't crop a pic immediately without using an app (need at least a whole minute to crop, save send it via bluetooth to someone)
u need an app unfortunately, there are bunch of apps try out those n see which one is fastest.
download metrotube
5. I can't connect to online people for messaging. (says can't connect to see who's online)
try using IM+
6. I can't stop the sms/whatsapp notification on top (heart ache while playing a game or while doing something else where i wouldn't like to be distracted.)
cant stop it even in WP8,as soon as notification comes just swipe it towards right it ll go awat
7. I can't make the camera sound mute. (click click click... why won't it mute?? :( )
check settings->applications->camera u wud hv the setting here.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
WP7.8 doesnt solve any of the above and doesnt bring anything new other than the WP8 looking start screen,

and your telling me you never would have updated it? Come on man an update is there for a reason and if im right in saying on a Nokia 7.8 was more than a start screen update, file transfer via Bluetooth was added as well as other stuff and look this guys using a Nokia. Update it man.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
and your telling me you never would have updated it? Come on man an update is there for a reason and if im right in saying on a Nokia 7.8 was more than a start screen update, file transfer via Bluetooth was added as well as other stuff and look this guys using a Nokia. Update it man.

I want to send you some love buttons and a free leaf.
Its funny how people complain about an OS that has an update available and they never do it.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

That's a disadvantage of WP, you need the Internet for a lot of things... And with the limited functionality of the WP 7.x developer APIs, there's probably not going to be an app for this.

You cannot capture screen natively on WP 7.x phones, but there is a sideloadable tool to do so. It requires you being able to install app files (.xap) directly from the developer to your phone, but you're going to need a developer license. I think I heard Microsoft opening up the license limitation and letting everyone sideload a couple apps for free, but I can't retrieve the link and I'm not 100% positive it also covers WP 7.x.

In the default Camera application on all Windows Phone devices, there is a cropping/rotating function built in. After you snap a picture, swipe left to see that picture, and in the menu bar below, there should be a cropping icon that allows you to do those things.

You don't need flash player at all to view YouTube videos on your phone! You can...
1) Make sure you're visiting m.youtube.com... (or did they cripple YouTube for WP users and pull a Google on us again?)
2) Download a YouTube application, and my two recommendations are myTube (paid, and a limited trial)and MetroTube (completely free with full version on Try, but you can donate to the developer by Buying the app..

If you're trying to use Facebook chat, you can either use the Facebook app's chat function, or use IM+ (of course there's more, but no need to list them all). The integrated Facebook chat features are crippled now because of Facebook API changes that broke it... :(

You can disable this by turning on Battery Saver from the Settings, which basically tries to save battery and disables Push Notifications in the process. A nifty trick I learned myself :)

7. I can't make the camera sound mute. (click click click... why won't it mute??

Don't think there's a real, practical workaround for that... You can try installing another camera app and see if that one fits you and doesn't make a shutter sound, or you can just mute your phone's volume when you try to take a picture (which is quite inconvenient, I'm sorry)...

Aniket Kushare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry wor the miscommunication... in general i meant 7.5 / 7.8
anyway, 7.8 hasn't helped me in any way either except making smaller live tiles and a bit of Bluetooth..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre