Windows 8.1 Pro

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm an university student in Portugal (ISEP - Engineering) and my University has a partnership with Microsoft (MSDN Academic Alliance - Microsoft Dreamspark for Academic Institutions) and around 1 month ago I downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 Pro (Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 32/64-bit (English) - DreamSpark ).

Aparently Windows 8.1 only came out today and I'm just wondering if I have the full version or not. I have all the features and I don't have anything on the store to update. How is it possible that they have the full version out for students for over one month, when the "full" version only came out today for everybody else.

Is there a way of easly checking if I have the preview or the full version?

Thanks in advance.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed using KMS activation or activated using multiple activation keys can't install the free update to Windows 8.1 from the Store.

Hna

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Editions of Windows 8 Pro that are installed using KMS activation or activated using multiple activation keys can't install the free update to Windows 8.1 from the Store.

Ok, but my question is:

If I already have the Windows 8.1 Pro, how do I know it is not the preview but the full version?
Everything here says it's 8.1 Pro but I just want to make sure It really is.

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm an university student in Portugal (ISEP - Engineering) and my University has a partnership with Microsoft (MSDN Academic Alliance - Microsoft Dreamspark for Academic Institutions) and around 1 month ago I downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 Pro (Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 32/64-bit (English) - DreamSpark ).

Aparently Windows 8.1 only came out today and I'm just wondering if I have the full version or not. I have all the features and I don't have anything on the store to update. How is it possible that they have the full version out for students for over one month, when the "full" version only came out today for everybody else.

Is there a way of easly checking if I have the preview or the full version?

Thanks in advance.
rtm = full version, it isnt a full edition for student, it's full version for developper. 1 month before everyone else to update/code your program for 8.1.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, but my question is:

If I already have the Windows 8.1 Pro, how do I know it is not the preview but the full version?
Everything here says it's 8.1 Pro but I just want to make sure It really is.

if you have dreamspark(for student) account you probably have 8.1 full version.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft makes the final build of their OS's available to MSDN subscribers before it's released to the public so dev's and IT pro's can develop for it before the official release. The only difference is the updates you would've received today from Windows Update.

So yes you have the final release

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786