Microsoft releases remote desktop app, for IOS/andriod, skips WP8

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
seriously this is just annoying,
i'd understand if its from another 3rd party... but it isnt, its straight from Microsoft, giving me the finger, for buying their products..
i think Microsoft is trying to tell us, that we should switch to andriod/IOS to enjoy a more premium experience, with better app support, and faster releases..

this is obviously not the first time, not even the second.. and this kind of behavior is what may finally push me away from the WP8 bandwagon.. losing the Nokia brand was already swaying me away :S

if they arent planning to release a Remote desktop app for WP8 , than thats a major problem..
if they are indeed planning, but its still not ready. then sorry, other platforms should wait just as much as us , if not longer, get your priorities right, microsoft, please..

sad :S

/rant

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've actually started to get used to it, unfortunately (Microsoft putting WP last, even behind the competition). But it is a cool app to have on my iPhone. Wouldn't mind having it on my 920 as well.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering when this thread would show up.

Ya'al acting like ms doesn't care about its os. The ios and android teams are seporate from the wp team. They work and build apps for rival os in a vacuum from the wp team. The wp team will be working on an app that integrates into the os. The ios and android team are tasked with aggressively building apps for the other platforms. They are not the same team.

Is it a shame the ios and android team got their app out first? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.

The wp team are doing lots of things at the moment and will be working on in big picture kind of way. They are developing the os and building customers. The ios and android teams will just be churning out apps they are told too.

Its not a show of lack of support. Its just the nature of a developing os.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya'al acting like ms doesn't care about its os. The ios and android teams are seporate from the wp team. They work and build apps for rival os in a vacuum from the wp team. The wp team will be working on an app that integrates into the os. The ios and android team are tasked with aggressively building apps for the other platforms. They are not the same team.
No, we are acting like they are putting more effort to satisfy users in other platforms than in theirs.

Is it a shame the ios and android team got their app out first? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.
Does it make users thinking worse about WP? Yes. Is it a good marketing strategy? No.

The wp team are doing lots of things at the moment and will be working on in big picture kind of way. They are developing the os and building customers. The ios and android teams will just be churning out apps they are told too.
Its not a show of lack of support. Its just the nature of a developing os.
And what we're doing is just the nature of consumer people. Comparing the OS and feeling fooled by the one we have chosen.
We don't care what they are doing internally... we care only on what we can use.

forked

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
"work....in a vaccuum" - this is precisely the problem. They shouldn't be in a vaccuum. If Microsoft wants the rest of the world to release apps for Windows Phone at the same time or even ahead other platforms, they should make it a priority to do it themselves.

Instead of an iOS and Android teams, there should just be a mobile apps team and it should consistently develop the Windows Phone version first, the others should then follow.

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
the sad part is, only few hours ago, i was looking for a remote control app :S

team viewer is super slow, and didnt want to connect today, so i thought i'd look for another alternative

i used to have splashtop, but its a paid version with retarded subscription :S .. i cant pay atm, issue with online banking etc
i was thinking to download pc control, but i remembred that the "server" application that runs in my pc, freezes the pc for 5 seconds, once every hour,.. ruins some games i play..

so yea, im a bit pissed that microsoft chose another platform, whom already got lots of solutions

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I would think that they would want to release an app for Windows Phone first. I think it would make more sense. It would get people over to windows phone by having exclusive features. You don't see Apple developing for windows phone nor do you see Google trying to make an effort for Windows Phone. Microsoft is doing the right thing by getting people invested into their ecosystem on other platforms but these types of apps should be on Windows Phone first.

We already have that app gap, Microsoft is contributing to it.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you really want to use a remote desktop program on a tiny phone screen? they released it for iOS and android to run on TABLETS. and we already have it for windows 8.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do.
Don't even try saying there is no need for an rdp client in WP.

There is no need for an rdp client on WP when you have it working perfectly on a usable device like a Surface. There IS a need for remote management dashboards/control panels however that are better suited for the small screen.

David Lolohea

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have actually learnt to live with it, but i do believe their making progress in terms of supporting their own platform i mean look at the gdr 3 preview, i always just think of it this way, they release it on other platforms first then get feedback on the faults of it and then add it to windows phone, i know i know im delusional. But hey atleast i look at it in a positive light :')

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure it is too. But that's no excuse to put your own product last. Makes no sense, at all.

Well, to be fair to MS, iOS and Android have a lot more users than WP, and servers are a more important business to Micorsoft than phones. So it makes quite a lot of sense when you remember that they are a business.

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully if it's been built into blue or they are making a app for WP8 that's much easier to use and connect than iOS and Android. You have to go though a bunch of setting on the iOS version. Tried it on my mini and just gave up to try it tonight

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb