8.1 is...

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
...is awesome. Pro and rt. I'm super impressed. Way ahead of everything else out, imo. Not quite as "perfectly" executed as apple just yet, but this is a superior os, no doubt. It will only get better!

Loving the multitasking, too. Netflix and surfing at the same time = awesome. Features I want to see in the future: built mapping/GPS like in windows phone hardware/software; Xbox music compatibility with podcasts like on windows phone... that's actually all that comes to mind at the moment outside of obvious things like more and more refining of apps.... would love a bing app as beautiful as the bing app for iPad.

Loving 8.1

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a touch cover? If so, does it make the ticking sound when typing? I've turned this off from settings and it still plays!!!! I'm very annoyed, I honestly would go back to the preview.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a Touch Cover and the option to mute the audible feedback (ticking sound) is working as it should.

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you got the latest firmware update after 8.1? The update wasn't more than 200kb. Apart from this, the Windows.old folder wasn't removed, and the OEM info got removed as well. I'm sensing I had a wonky upgrade, could go back to 8 tonight.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I can't find any selection related to "previous operating system" in Disk Cleanup.......

You need to tap the "Clean up System Files" to see more stuff to delete, including old windows/install files. I regained almost 1.5Gb of space.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
RT 8.1 came a bit too soon for me. Now I'm going to look at my new Surface 2 next week and be a bit 'meh' because it's so similar to the old one (apart from being quicker, slicker, better screen resolution, having a better keyboard - yay, I got myself excited again!!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos