OH NO!!!! What Happened!?!?!?

calebcre

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So I was sitting with my Lumia 920 that still had about a 50% charge and has had the GDR2 update for about 5 days and the phone showed the blue windows phone screen and the ATT screen and then went black. Since then it has been unresponsive. Literally, I have tried to soft reset, I plugged it in to the wall, and plugged it into the computer.... nothing. I don't know whats wrong or what I should do. Can anyone help?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So I was sitting with my Lumia 920 that still had about a 50% charge and has had the GDR2 update for about 5 days and the phone showed the blue windows phone screen and the ATT screen and then went black. Since then it has been unresponsive. Literally, I have tried to soft reset, I plugged it in to the wall, and plugged it into the computer.... nothing. I don't know whats wrong or what I should do. Can anyone help?

Not sure if its time to panic yet but I've seen some oddness going on with my L920 on GDR3. I had really improved battery life when I got to GDR2 and not so much today. I'm not going to panic because knowing how the Windows desktop can be with updates, it has to do some balancing in the beginning. It's a Microsoft "thing" and I've seen this play out the same way over the years. No different with its phone OS.
One thing I noticed this morning is my calendar app (Super Calendar) updated the live tile without my having to launch it. My live tiles haven't done that without my prodding them in a good amount of months. So again, I'm not ready to press the panic button just yet. I'm waiting on the OS to settle things down.

calebcre

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if its time to panic yet but I've seen some oddness going on with my L920 on GDR3. I had really improved battery life when I got to GDR2 and not so much today. I'm not going to panic because knowing how the Windows desktop can be with updates, it has to do some balancing in the beginning. It's a Microsoft "thing" and I've seen this play out the same way over the years. No different with its phone OS.
One thing I noticed this morning is my calendar app (Super Calendar) updated the live tile without my having to launch it. My live tiles haven't done that without my prodding them in a good amount of months. So again, I'm not ready to press the panic button just yet. I'm waiting on the OS to settle things down.

Thanks for the response. The issue that has me confused is that the screen is still black. It has not turned on since it blacked out earlier and it wont respond to any of the logical steps to fix it....

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Last resort: Hardware Reset (this will take the phone back to the way it came out of the box, with NO PERSONAL FILES ON THE PHONE).

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).

Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

calebcre

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
He said that he held all the buttons on the side for 20 seconds. I'm not sure if that is a hard reset or soft, but it is definitely a different way than I thought I was supposed to do it.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
He said that he held all the buttons on the side for 20 seconds. I'm not sure if that is a hard reset or soft, but it is definitely a different way than I thought I was supposed to do it.
a soft reset will take you back to where you last left your phone with all your data/media and apps. A hard reset would require you to sign in and you would loose all data. You'd now know which one he invoked.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
a soft reset will take you back to where you last left your phone with all your data/media and apps. A hard reset would require you to sign in and you would loose all data. You'd now know which one he invoked.

Little bit confused here.

Soft reset is holding down the power button and sliding down to turn off, then pushing the power button to get it to boot again.
Hard reset is holding all the buttons on and forcing it to reset from wherever it is, it does not "shut down", just like holding the power button on your computer for 4 seconds, it just turns off.
Factory reset is bringing it back to factory specs and erasing all data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6