Is this happening to anyone else (font sharpness) [8.1]?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
After installing 8.1 RTM on my VAIO, font sharpness in programs like Quicken, Skype and HP Printer software (basically, non-native programs) make me squint. Is there anyway to adjust this? I cant seem to find anything in settings. Here's a little snipit. You can see the difference between the foreground window (HP software) and background (Internet Explorer). Click on pic to enlarge for a better view.

Capture.PNG

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I started fiddling around with clear type some more and its starting to look a lot better. But I think I'll rest my eyes for tonight and try again in the morning. Thanks, Laura!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I started fiddling around with clear type some more and its starting to look a lot better. But I think I'll rest my eyes for tonight and try again in the morning. Thanks, Laura!
You're welcome. I'm glad it's getting better.

I actually had updates for both my Nvidia graphics card and my Epson printer for Windows 8.1.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You're welcome. I'm glad it's getting better.

I actually had updates for both my Nvidia graphics card and my Epson printer for Windows 8.1.

I'll keep checking for updates from Sony for graphics drivers. I don't like to get it straight from NVidia, coz last time I did that it messed up my laptop. So I'd rather wait till Sony tests them first.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll keep checking for updates from Sony for graphics drivers. I don't like to get it straight from NVidia, coz last time I did that it messed up my laptop. So I'd rather wait till Sony tests them first.
I've always gotten my drivers straight from the vendors without any issues, but it makes sense for you to wait if you had problems previously.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep, found this with several programs (Quicken, Computer manager, etc.).

FIX
Desktop Control Panel, Display
check: "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays"
select: "Smaller - 100%"
Apply

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yep, found this with several programs (Quicken, Computer manager, etc.).

FIX
Desktop Control Panel, Display
check: "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays"
select: "Smaller - 100%"
Apply

Excellent! That helped as well! 100% was too small for me though, so I did a custom of 115% instead and readjusted Clear Type.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos