Windows 8.1 Black Screen

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So i have installed Windows 8.1 on my brothers desktop and getting a black screen now after reboot with the curser.

I switch on and off the computer a couple of times and then one time it will work, and then another 10 may not work.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
yeah I have done a dual boot with Vista so will leave 8.1 there until, or if Microsoft release a fix. This is terrible, searching Google and loads of people reporting this, yet still no fix.

Harish L

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I too faced the same problem, i found out there are 2 possible solutions

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL,start task manager, if it returns

?CreateRect@Value@DirectUI@@SAPEAV12@HH... could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Immersive

then Replacing Windows.UI.Immersive.dll file should work,this can be achieved in few easy steps

Step 1 : go to system32 subfolder in Windows folder (typically C:\Windows\System32)

Step 2 : Find the Windows.UI.Immersive.dll,check for Date Created attribute(if it is in October 2012,you may have to replace with the recent one)

Step 3 : Goto WinSxS subfolder in Windows folder,search for Windows.UI.Immersive.dll(which is newer version) ](i found it inC:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-windowsuiimmersive_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16408_none_c6ca1a15ef5e5709)

Step 4: Replace the older file with the newer one in system32 folder

Step 5: there is a hidden folder called Windows Activation Technologies in root drive(usually C:\Windows Activation Technologies),replace the older file in the above folder too.with new one

Then restart,the system,hope this solves the problem

if the above solution doesn't work or if you get black screen even after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL,you could try reinstalling video drivers in safe mode

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Happens to me now as well, with 8.1. If I actually wait nearly 10 minutes, ill get the start screen and everything is fine.

One thing you can do, though not a fix, Ctr+Alt+Del, go to task manager, and go through the processes. I usually open file location on one of them so windows explorer will open. Then go to my browser program so I can surf the net while I wait for the computer to fully come up.

I really, really do not want to re-install.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I too faced the same problem, i found out there are 2 possible solutions

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL,start task manager, if it returns

?CreateRect@Value@DirectUI@@SAPEAV12@HH... could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Immersive

then Replacing Windows.UI.Immersive.dll file should work,this can be achieved in few easy steps

Step 1 : go to system32 subfolder in Windows folder (typically C:\Windows\System32)

Step 2 : Find the Windows.UI.Immersive.dll,check for Date Created attribute(if it is in October 2012,you may have to replace with the recent one)

Step 3 : Goto WinSxS subfolder in Windows folder,search for Windows.UI.Immersive.dll(which is newer version) ](i found it inC:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-windowsuiimmersive_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16408_none_c6ca1a15ef5e5709)

Step 4: Replace the older file with the newer one in system32 folder

Step 5: there is a hidden folder called Windows Activation Technologies in root drive(usually C:\Windows Activation Technologies),replace the older file in the above folder too.with new one

Then restart,the system,hope this solves the problem

if the above solution doesn't work or if you get black screen even after pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL,you could try reinstalling video drivers in safe mode

I dont have the file in system32 at all. I do have it my WinSxS folder though. Note, my compute eventually fully comes up after about 10 minutes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720