10-23-2013 09:59 AM
54 123
tools
    I tested a demo 1020 at my local store and found it to be lighter and thinner than my 920...someone can correct me if im wrong. What a beautiful device though, i was surprised how nice it is in person.
    And you might be right I didn't actually check the specs. But when I tested it in my store it felt larger and slightly heavier. Also I hate the bump on the back. Great phone. Just little things that I don't care for. When I compare them on phone scoop. The 1020 says it is lighter!! Felt bulkier to me though. Might have to check it out again!!

Also I forgot to mention to the poster that the battery life has been great on the 920!
    10-22-2013 03:07 PM
    Hi there. I am an Ex-Win Phone 7/8 user. I liked ALOT about windows phones, but I switched back to android. I'll let you know why, BUT I am not saying that you should go back to Android. I'm just saying why I went back. I typically look through these threads to see if much has changed about windows phone. I'm waiting to come back, but I'm not sure if the following things have been fixed/simplified.

- email attachments could not be saved to the phones if they were videos. On non WP devices, I save video attachments and delete the e-mail. On WP I have to keep the e-mail in order to keep the attachment.

- Making a playlist on the go was ridiculously stupid. I remember there was some weird queue thing you had to do in order to make some BS play list

- Facebook options were very few compared to what is available on iOS or Android. Even with third party apps there was always something missing

- Apps, Apps, and more apps didn't match up to what was available at the time I was using WP phones. The quality of the apps just didn't do it for me.

- Nokia strong hold on the WP space. Nokia got all of the cool apps as exclusives while people who went the direction of HTC or Samsung got the shaft because those companies really don't delve into apps like that. With Android, apps like ESPN and Google Maps were available to all. With WP, ESPN and some other apps were exclusives to only NOKIA users. And I think maybe it was for 6 months and THEN other manufactures could get it. Yes, people argue that Nokia was making all the drug deals to get companies to even want to do apps for windows phone, but hey if you like Sammy or HTC, thats something you will have to deal with.

- Slow development and MS devs living in a bubble. How in the world has WP been in the Smartphone business and forget to include some things that other OS have done for years?

Those are a few of the more major reasons. Overall, WP devices are good phones. I was just looking for something more complete. And stability isn't crisp all across the board. My last phone was a Lumia 920 and unfortunately I was dealing with ATT when my phone just would not turn back on while I was on vacation and they wouldn't next day me a phone like Verizon does now. Verizon has went deeper into WP space, so I'd be happy to look into a WP phone without needing to go back to ATT.

In closing, get the WP phone. I'm sure you can deal with some of it's shortcomings. You may leave, but you will come back to WP. I'm just waiting for the right words...thats it lol.
    10-23-2013 09:01 AM
    Oh and a better notification center would have been really nice too.

Also, custom color palette. Give of a color wheel and let us run free with exact colors we want, not just the few we were limited to.
    WinU likes this.
    10-23-2013 09:08 AM
    Also, custom color palette. Give of a color wheel and let us run free with exact colors we want, not just the few we were limited to.
    I agree with this, im really hoping 8.1 introduces this...i mean a few apps offer it with their Tile (Wikipedia)...not sure why the OS cant implement it.
    10-23-2013 09:59 AM
54 123