Secureboot error

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Windows 8 Toshiba to Windows 8.1 and after it was done, I got this error on my screen.

I have secure boot enabled on the BIOS but the update doesn't seem to know that. Any ideas?

Attachments

• secureboot error.PNG
    secureboot error.PNG
    215.5 KB · Views: 16

Ernesto_RD

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i had the same issue when i installed 8.1 on one of my computers.
What fixed it for me was:
1.- go into your bios, and disable secure boot
2.- restart & let windows start
3.- Restart again, go to bios an enable secure boot again.
After this, the message was gone.

Hope it works for you too

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I work for a Microsoft partner so we get the Enterprise version of Windows. I just got a new computer that came with Windows 7. After I installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise, the SecureBoot watermark was there. I got rid of the watermark with a registry edit, but it also disabled UAC. The problem with that is that you cant really do anything in the Start UI when UAC is disabled. I enabled UAC, and the SecureBoot watermark returned. So far there doesn't seem to be a way to remove the watermark if SecureBoot is turned off.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same thing on a machine that doesn't support secure boot, but does support the UEFI bios. I think that somehow if the machine is booting in UEFI that it should support Secure Boot. I expect they will have to issue a patch. There are several threads on the MS support site.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i had the same issue when i installed 8.1 on one of my computers.
What fixed it for me was:
1.- go into your bios, and disable secure boot
2.- restart & let windows start
3.- Restart again, go to bios an enable secure boot again.
After this, the message was gone.

Hope it works for you too
I think I tried that but ill look at it again. Makes my newish laptop look like I'm running a beta.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos