Happy Birthday, Windows Phone!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Today is my birthday, which makes it really simple for me to remember... Three years ago today Windows Phone went on sale for the first time. It wasn't until November that it came to the US, but it was on sale in Europe and I think Australia on 10/21/2010.

Yes, I know Joe Belfiore tweeted Happy Birthday Windows Phone a couple weeks ago, but that was the anniversary of the public announcement, not the start of sales. :wink:

So...

Happy Birthday Windows Phone!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Three years, a period of time in which they managed to take one of the greatest features away (Zune), take other features away and introduce them again very proudly (FM radio), and even introduce some new features like... small tiles.

Of course, they switched to another kernel, but honestly, for me as an end-user that didn't change much in my OS experience.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree - Zune was a far better way of managing music than what we have now (do we really have anything? I mean, it's no better than drag/drop in Windows Explorer...).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, as much as I dislike my job, my coworkers are tops. I came back from lunch (where I grabbed a free Firehouse Sub - just show ID), to find balloons tied to my chair, a cupcake, card, and gift card on my desk.

Tonight's dinner will be with my lovely wife, at a grill that offers $15 off on your birthday.

Here's a handy reference for freebies for your birthday: Free Birthday Meals

:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon