So no GDR3 till early 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Edit: this post is in jest, all passengers without their sense of humor aboard please disembark prior to reading.

My brain just died reading the posts arguing with hopmedic.

seriously, "the sky is brown"

Hop: no, it's blue, you can look outside.

Rock: "NO IT'S A SKY "PREVIEW" NOT BLUE UNTIL IT'S FINAL!"

CageJ

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It's clear that who doesn't understand that the gdr3 preview it's a preview build and the rtm build has still to be built, is not a developer.
Let them think this is the final one... we don't want to ruin their favorite toy, do we? :)

No..
the HTC 8XT has also the same build... 10512..

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
IT'S BEEN RELEASED FOR A DEVICE!

What part do YOU not understand?! We have the final build numbers. We have that on our dev preview devices. And it has been officially released for at least one phone. What more do you want?!

*pounds head off table*

Exactly, I think some people are being purposefully dense about this. In my comments I never stated that the dev preview WAS the RTM, I simply stated it was feature complete i.e. no more features being added!!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
A Microsoft Developer Preview is never the final release. What part of preview (and Microsoft's very clear definition of preview in its post beta world) do people not understand? You can say it as many times as you like, but until it is finalized and released for a device, it is still a beta.

Welcome to a new era of Microsoft. The same build that developers got has now been released in the wild. The day before you posted this comment. Less than 13 hours after this whole discussion started, I was vindicated. I've already been proven right. Can we move on now?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Edit: this post is in jest, all passengers without their sense of humor aboard please disembark prior to reading.

seriously, "the sky is brown"

Hop: no, it's blue, you can look outside.

Rock: "NO IT'S A SKY "PREVIEW" NOT BLUE UNTIL IT'S FINAL!"

That's pretty much how it is these days. Not just about comparatively insignificant things like phones or computers, but about a lot of things, sadly.

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It is the GDR3 guys. The build may be different due to bug fixes but at the end of the day, it will be GDR3.

Lets move on. No need for hating each other over semantics in this helpful forum :)

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It is the GDR3 guys. The build may be different due to bug fixes but at the end of the day, it will be GDR3.

Lets move on. No need for hating each other over semantics in this helpful forum :)
FYI the build won't be different. It's already been released for the HTC 8XT on Sprint. Same build.

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk
It won't be a different build. Microsoft has already published documentation of the final build numbers, and they match what we have, as well as the build that Sprint HTC 8XT owners have already started receiving. It's over. Done. The builds that are being pushed out are final, and they match the dev builds. It's been said many times in this thread, with documentation to support.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, it seems I was wrong. This preview is actually the final build.
I'm pretty surprised and disappointed for this... surprised because this is the first time MS releases a preview which is already the final build, disappointed because this preview seems to be pretty buggy.

( also, I was secretly hoping they would add an option to force the store to check for updates in the rtm relase )

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty surprised and disappointed for this... surprised because this is the first time MS releases a preview which is already the final build, disappointed because this preview seems to be pretty buggy.

( also, I was secretly hoping they would add an option to force the store to check for updates in the rtm relase )

This! I have so many bugs on my gdr3 lumia. Wish I could go back, and didn't upgrade. :(

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I honestly didn't see this coming, You made my morning :) (friendly pun intended)

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This! I have so many bugs on my gdr3 lumia. Wish I could go back, and didn't upgrade. :(
Have you tried with a hard reset?
I know this isn't a good solution, because of the poor WP backing up system which leaves out something, but since there are users without evident bugs (I'm one of them) probably the bugs appears only with specific OS instances... you could fix them with a clean install.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia relaxed when Microsoft kicked in the early GDR3 try out program, basically if you sign up for free in the App creator Microsoft created a while back you'll get access to GDR3. FOR FREE.
Meanwhile Nokia can perfect its update rather than push it out of the door in a hasty fashion, and don't forget its not just one phone
Nokia is writing for Lumia520/521/620/625/720/810/820/822/920/925/928/1020/1320/1520. :D that's a mile to code huh?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nokia relaxed when Microsoft kicked in the early GDR3 try out program, basically if you sign up for free in the App creator Microsoft created a while back you'll get access to GDR3. FOR FREE.
Meanwhile Nokia can perfect its update rather than push it out of the door in a hasty fashion, and don't forget its not just one phone
Nokia is writing for Lumia520/521/620/625/720/810/820/822/920/925/928/1020/1320/1520. :D that's a mile to code huh?

Um, yeah we already knew this. We had a large debate about it on this thread. You missed all the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium