So no GDR3 till early 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tasted Dutch cheese ? Then tell me which you prefer.

What 'North American's' call Swiss cheese most Swiss don't even eat. :p There's 450 varieties of cheese in Switzerland. It's like saying I like French cheese of which there are 350 - 400 types. :p

The 'typical' Dutch cheese is Gouda. Is that the one you mean?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You mean if I go to a store in south Africa and buy a 520 or 820 today it will have Amber ?

Using Windows since 1998

All phones available today will have Amber on them. All the new models coming will have GDR3 and Nokia Black. We'll be getting GDR3 and Black last, especially me cause I'm on EE. :p

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Now you've got me craving a grilled cheese sandwich (to go with the BBQ, of course!). Muenster cheese sounds good for that. But when I was a kid, what was that chain that had stores in malls that sold cheese and summer sausage and stuff like that? They used to have a cheese called Delfino (I think) that I used to LOVE. I haven't seen that cheese in decades.....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Now you've got me craving a grilled cheese sandwich (to go with the BBQ, of course!). Muenster cheese sounds good for that. But when I was a kid, what was that chain that had stores in malls that sold cheese and summer sausage and stuff like that? They used to have a cheese called Delfino (I think) that I used to LOVE. I haven't seen that cheese in decades.....

I'm not overly familiar with it. I personally like a sharp cheese. I even go for blue cheese. Though I do like my soft cheeses as well.

The unfortunate part is that I can't have cheese that often. :(

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of sharp, though a good medium cheddar goes really well on a burger. Sliced thick. On a thick burger cooked medium. Yes, I'm hungry now....

That Delfino was a softer cheese, but it's been at least a few decades, so I can't remember now what it tasted like, just that I liked it.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
What 'North American's' call Swiss cheese most Swiss don't even eat. :p There's 450 varieties of cheese in Switzerland. It's like saying I like French cheese of which there are 350 - 400 types. :p

The 'typical' Dutch cheese is Gouda. Is that the one you mean?

Really, my local Safeway which is as American as it gets & sells a store brand (not fancy special gourmet section) "Swiss cheese"
and it's from Emmental and it's Emmentaler and that is pretty Swiss, do the Swiss each cheese from Emmental ?
when making Fondue like Neuch?teloise they use Gruy?re and Emmental -that is the so called classic recipe.
I guess you don't get out much or don't know what you actually mean :wink:

But then again your avatar has a crown so I'm sure there's no slumming it for you :grin:

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Really, my local Safeway which is as American as it gets & sells a store brand (not fancy special gourmet section) "Swiss cheese"
and it's from Emmental and it's Emmentaler and that is pretty Swiss, do the Swiss each cheese from Emmental ?
when making Fondue like Neuch?teloise they use Gruy?re and Emmental -that is the so called classic recipe.
I guess you don't get out much or don't know what you actually mean :wink:

But then again your avatar has a crown so I'm sure there's no slumming it for you :grin:

I'm not arguing with you here so please 'read' what I am saying.

I was saying what most people refer to as 'Swiss Cheese' is not the 'only' cheese the Swiss make but it is the one most people recognize as Swiss thanks to marketing. Yes, I know it's called Emmental, from that region of Switzerland. However, being told by a Swiss person that 'most' people don't eat that cheese much, maybe the people he knows, was what I was going by. I thought someone who actually lives in Switzerland would have a good opinion on the subject and since he's a scientist, an objective one too.

As for the crown, it's a joke here in the UK, originally it was 'Keep Calm and Carry On' but it's branched out a bit since then. I am neither royal nor snobbish, except when it comes to coffee and food. :p

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not arguing with you here so please 'read' what I am saying.

I was saying what most people refer to as 'Swiss Cheese' is not the 'only' cheese the Swiss make but it is the one most people recognize as Swiss thanks to marketing. Yes, I know it's called Emmental, from that region of Switzerland. However, being told by a Swiss person that 'most' people don't eat that cheese much, maybe the people he knows, was what I was going by. I thought someone who actually lives in Switzerland would have a good opinion on the subject and since he's a scientist, an objective one too.

As for the crown, it's a joke here in the UK, originally it was 'Keep Calm and Carry On' but it's branched out a bit since then. I am neither royal nor snobbish, except when it comes to coffee and food. :p

I don't really care to, I don't really care - really I don't, peeps make all kinds of uninformed statements then try justify....
if one has to explain what they meant then... you gets what you gets.

Good Luck with your new son :wink:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This thread has really deteriorated, has become heavily off topic and is about to close. Wait for it... closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss