Are you going to stop using your third party apps?

Tichshew

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
With Instagram finally being announced, along with Vine, I'm curious as to who's going to stop using their third party alternatives. Anyone out there going to make the switch once the officials arrive?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Unless somehow the Official Instagram does things 6tag doesn't, and/or they force 6tag to stop working, I won't change. 6tag is just too good, and Rudy deserves the support for his efforts.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
First, just let me say that I am not an Instagram user. I created an account so that I should show Instance and 6Tag to an Android-using coworker. My thoughts on the subject, though, are that people are probably happy with the apps they have, and while Instagram is yet to come, my guess is that the guys who've created these great apps will keep them supported better than Instagram ever will, so the best bet is to keep supporting them. The official Instagram app, though, will be a draw to WP noobs, those who wouldn't put forth the effort to find the third-party apps.

Even without being an Instagram user, I appreciate the effort that these guys put forth to fill the gap. I've done the same thing, but to a far lesser extent. I'm a nothing programmer compared to them. But I'll do what I can, and keep learning...

Compare my app PlusPoints to the Weight Watchers app Points Plus Calculator. Feel free to give it a good review, too! :wink:

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Remember that uploading through a client, makes ur hashtags not visible to other, am I right? And our accounts as labeled or something, So an official app will be better, in addition, the dev. Made good money, work on things now, we trust ur products. Think of it as marketing, everybody knows Rudy now.

KnightOfAnfala

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't use Instagram but I downloaded and now regularly use 6tag. I think it's important for us to still support third party apps because they're a VERY crucial component in making sure we achieve the ultimate goal of having a comparable user base to that of Android's/iOS'.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Remember that uploading through a client, makes ur hashtags not visible to other, am I right? And our accounts as labeled or something, So an official app will be better, in addition, the dev. Made good money, work on things now, we trust ur products. Think of it as marketing, everybody knows Rudy now.

Like I said, I don't use Instagram (and therefore by extension, 6Tag), but I thought I'd read that this was fixed? No?

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably use both 6Tag and Instagram. As for Instance, right now it feels lacking and the fact that it doesn't have the original filters as put me off since day one.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

It is supposedly fixed on 6tag and the "officially" licensed stuff like Oggl. I think Instance v2 is supposed to have it fixed as well, but it still isn't out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05