New WP User here needs some help w/Cell & Data reception!

Dirk Pruitt

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just got a like new unlocked lumia 900 that I have set up on Consumer Cellular(have used several phones--iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, MyTouch Slide 3G, Droid Incredible 2 successfully on CC). The problem is with cellular AND data connectivity. At my house, which is apparently right on the border between good and low AT&T coverage areas I have NO cellular or data coverage(although my phone displays 2 or 3 bars and 4G cycles on and off). None of my previous phones on CC had this much trouble with coverage at my house. If I walk 1/4 mile west I have 5 bars, 4G with perfect phone reception and 5-6MBPS downloads. My daughter is using my old iphone 3GS and has decent reception and 3G data at the house. I would LOVE to get this issue figured out because I REALLY like this phone! I just can't believe that there isn't some way to correct this... Frustrating that the phone works so well just about everywhere but my house! Thanks in advance for the help.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got a like new unlocked lumia 900 that I have set up on Consumer Cellular(have used several phones--iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, MyTouch Slide 3G, Droid Incredible 2 successfully on CC). The problem is with cellular AND data connectivity. At my house, which is apparently right on the border between good and low AT&T coverage areas I have NO cellular or data coverage(although my phone displays 2 or 3 bars and 4G cycles on and off). None of my previous phones on CC had this much trouble with coverage at my house. If I walk 1/4 mile west I have 5 bars, 4G with perfect phone reception and 5-6MBPS downloads. My daughter is using my old iphone 3GS and has decent reception and 3G data at the house. I would LOVE to get this issue figured out because I REALLY like this phone! I just can't believe that there isn't some way to correct this... Frustrating that the phone works so well just about everywhere but my house! Thanks in advance for the help.

This is strange because Nokia are known for their excellent radios. It looks like your 'like new' L900 may be a dud. The way I see it, change your house or change your phone ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos