8.1 assistance needed please

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I installed windows 8 on my, HP
Pavilion dm4-1063cl Entertainment Notebook PC
and it worked perfectly fine. Now that I installed 8.1, it isn't working properly. When I shut my laptop lid and reopen it, my screen stays black. My backlight doesn't even start up. I have no idea what the problem is. I did a complete system restart going back to windows 7, installing windows 8, then updating to 8.1. I had no problems during the installation and update. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem or if my computer can even run 8.1? I don't know what to look for on the internet and what to look for on my computer. I really need some help with this. Thanks everyone!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I said before this update was released it had problems and somehow, its out there. I got this bug on my desktop that wasn't there before. My Surface RT is even behaving wonky since this update. Waiting on that service pack.
secureboot error.PNG

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed windows 8 on my father's pavilion dv7 and it had issues with the the radeon graphcs drivers causing BSOD all the time. I had to update the display drivers for ati radeon and intel graphics before it worked. You can try to go into safe mode and update the drivers from device manager.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
When I close my lid to my ASUS laptop it goes to sleep mode so when I open it up I have to press the power button to wake it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte