Both Skype and Messenger very unreliable

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm this close to ditching both Skype and Messenger altogether. Ever since the merging it's been nothing but trouble and the last couple days it's almost unbearable. Sometimes I appear offline to some contacts, sometimes they do to me, a few Messenger contacts vanish, then reappear. I send a message through Skype and the other part goes immediately offline and the message gets stuck and it won't go through until my friend and I are both in Skype at the same time. This other friend can only see me online in skydrive.live.com but not on outlook.com.... This is going to drive me nuts. Last night I unmerged my Skype and Messenger accounts, but to no avail.
I checked the Skype Community forums and they're plagued with rants like this. Seriously, what was MSFT thinking? I can't believe I'm actually excited reading that BBM is coming to Windows Phone and Desktop soon.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they were thinking they wanted to put out a great product but like many major releases, they come with imperfections and their own set of challenges. You think when BBM arrives on WP it will be perfect? Based on what? An earlier version of BBM on the platform? I've seen no indication of that myself.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
My guess is they were thinking they wanted to put out a great product but like many major releases, they come with imperfections and their own set of challenges. You think when BBM arrives on WP it will be perfect? Based on what? An earlier version of BBM on the platform? I've seen no indication of that myself.

I was a BB user for a few years and didn't know how great BBM was until I switched platforms, so, I have great expectations for their WP app based on their expertise in messaging.

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The problem ppl get with skype is,skype and messenger are linked,but still separate service,i noticed i have more contact on the windows 8 than i have on my lumia.the reason for that is many ppl never had a skype b4 and when Microsoft linked skype and messenger into one,they created a default username for those who only had messenger,which you can find at skype.com, under account. So if you had a skype before u need to make sure you add all ur messenger contact with their skype id,not messenger address.there is always option on skype.text message,skype or messenger,if one of ur friend have messenger on ur pc,you wont find them when you login to skype on ur phone with ur skype name and password. Sometimes you might have problem chatting with those people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb