Amber Alerts Annoying me

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I was out with my mother hanging out a bit and I received an Amber Alert on my 1020....It was annoying because I was listening to a song and it of course interrupted the song.

Whatever...I read it and hit close.

A few mins later it pops up again...Same Amber Alert.

After I leave my mom and head back to my dorm to get ready for Halloween party, the same amber alert pops up two times again. This is beginning to aggravate me.

It's currently 3:30 am and I am just getting in and what do you know...the same Amber Alert is popping up again LOL.

I hope this does not sound bad but is there a way to turn them off on my phone. Yes, I know they are to help look for missing people but I could deal with the Alert the first time but the same repetitive Alert multiple times start to really grate on my nerves.

I have no idea where Amber Alerts actually come from and how they end up on my phone so it seems slightly invasive to have it pushed directly to my phone. It's not like on TV when they scroll it across the screen or something.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
ANNOYING AS HELL OMG
I've gotten 20. 20 since about 8pm last night and I still continue to get them right now. (AT&T 920)
Like, I get that it's tragic about a child missing and all, but these invasive/spamming text messages are really getting on my nerves.
You can't reply STOP to them or anything. They just keep coming.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
ANNOYING AS HELL OMG
I've gotten 20. 20 since about 8pm last night and I still continue to get them right now. (AT&T 920)
Like, I get that it's tragic about a child missing and all, but these invasive/spamming text messages are really getting on my nerves.
You can't reply STOP to them or anything. They just keep coming.

Yeah I am still getting them. On my Lumia 1020 I tried to block the number and it says I need to switch on block withheld numbers.

If Ikeep getting this same message I am about to just do that then.

Thank you Nokia and gdr3

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
What Amber Alerts are you talking about? I've never heard of them. What does it say in that alert?

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
What Amber Alerts are you talking about? I've never heard of them. What does it say in that alert?

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with Lumia Amber hahah.
In America, an Amber Alert is an alert for like missing children and stuff.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They are supposed to include some code that your phone can read so it knows you have gotten the alert and won't capture the same message twice.

Someone is getting too hyper about the Amber Alerts and coding each send as a new message...

A Cell Broadcast message page is composed of 82 octets, which, using the default character set, can encode 93 characters. Up to 15 of these pages may be concatenated to form a Cell Broadcast message. Each page of such a CB message will have the same message identifier (indicating the source of the message), and the same serial number. Using this information, the mobile telephone is able to identify and ignore broadcasts of already received messages.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I didn't know what "extreme" meant... it didn't say weather. I thought that was like nuclear strike warning or something

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs