What updates would you like with new windows blue update or with later ones?

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
* "3G only" option in network settings
* notification centre
* usb mode on connection to pc
* automatic Bluetooth on while sharing files via BT
* download and save files on sd card via IE
* install apps on sd card
* a chm reader app
* better clipboard management
* separate volume adjustments
* send pdf files via mail directly or Bluetooth
* a basic file manager to find atleast the downloaded files.

Last edited:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
-Lock screen rotation lock
-Ability to change ringtones (Bah I can live with default tones, I've seen many haunted souls moaning for it)
-Ability to delete the mysterious 'Other' storage

Nothing else I want. MS better hear me because of my avatar LOL.

Nick Er

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
?Separate ringtone volume from music volume. (a must for me)

?message notification with the windows logo blinking (like the Nokia 5800)

?improve the OS speed and battery efficiency.

Lumia777

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
1) WP absolutely needs a brightness toggle. This is a basic requirement for any phone OS. The 'auto' brightness setting is ok, but just isn't enough for varied lighting situations.

2) This brightness slider needs to be implemented into an overall control centre, much like iOS and Android. It makes sense, is very practical, and is discrete...coming up only when needed. Currently on WP OS you must have buttons pinned to the home screen to access simple controls. For all the time Microsoft had to work on Windows Phone OS, they missed some simple things. I heard this control centre concept is to be released in the next update, is this true? The screen rotation control is another utility that needs to be implemented into the control centre.

3) The ability to organize the list of apps. Scrolling through the whole list is cumbersome to say the least. There are better ways than a list.

akifreestyle7

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Great minds at work. All the ideas are just so fantastic and so needed on wp os but most of all what i need are folders and toggle centre so that i don't have to go again and again to settings that's annoying and saving apps

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Sending pdf and other files via Bluetooth or atleast by email.
Sending by mail option in adobe is such a tedious job. Please Microsoft, most of ur customers buying ur product need a good office phone.
I got humiliated today from a government office when i urgently needed to mail them a pdf file which was present in my smartphone. First time i missed my android phone today and realised that my smartphone is useless. Nokia is doing simply well but the OS needs a Lotta improvement.. Microsoft please hear this.
MANY BASIC FEATURES OF A SMARTPHONE OS IS LACKING IN WINDOWS PHONE!
I had used Symbian,android,iOs before.Wp is definitely fluidic,stable n stylish but functionality wise this is the dumbest OS I've ever seen.. Waste of our hardly earned money.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
A redo or forward button in Internet explorer (as opposed to only a back button)

Better sync with our personal media (music, video, podcasts!) like the ZUNE PC software did in wp7 or better.

Podcast tracking of podcasts listened to, so they don't download again when they are deleted.

Improved Tasks and sync with OUTLOOK Tasks.

Last edited:

Emilin123

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Video and Song Share
File Manager
Ability to do 2 thing a la windows 8, i would like to watch a movie AND chatt via Whassap etc.
More Theme Colors
better music player, with Most Played Playlist please! ( I Miss this feature since i left my N8)

they need to fix that issue with the music player and video player,
everytime i oppened the music player, and i have to watch a video, then go back to the music player i have to Open it AGAIN UGG!

Fix that and i will be happy :)

Boggy79

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
A useable music management process. I want to ditch my ancient iPod but it handles songs and playlists far better than my 920.

JCtheGreat

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Notification Center
Quick Control Center
Gapless music playback
File manager
Double 2x4 live tile
Personal Assistant ala J.A.R.V.I.S
More customization options
Separate volume controls

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
1. Gapless music playback.
2. Quiet time.
3. Seperate volume controls for notifications and ringer.
4. Toast notificatoin history of some sort.

Question about your #3. I agree we need a separation of volumes, but are you asking for one for notifications (i.e. text messages, toasts, and one for incomming phone calls?)

I think a better option would be to have one for ringtones AND notifications, and one for Music, video, games, & other) You could even throw in a 3rd one if you want an alarm volume, but I don't mind the fact of the alarm just being set to the max with no way to adjust it.

Agree with the rest of your list though.