Replacing a GDR3 updated phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
My brother dropped his L920 and the screen cracked. Nokia sent him a new white L1020 because they said there were no more L920 available.
I was wondering if I could do the same
thing, or would they find I have the GDR3 preview update and not honor the replacement? Any input would be welcome.

Joene90

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying you want to purposely crack your screen so that Nokia will give you a free upgrade? Because if you are, that's fraud and illegal.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The question is, will they honor the replacement when they find it has the GDR3 preview update?
Yes they should. If you don't want to take any chances you can flash it back to the latest Amber ROM using NCS. But as everyone mentioned, doing so will be unethical.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Please have some dignity and self-respect, don't commit a fraud.

I'm all for not committing fraud, but the update is a software issue that only affects the Windows OS portion, not the Nokia (firmware). It's by no means fraudulent to roll back to the approved release. If the problem then persists, it's legitimate to return it. If you were flashing custom ROMs them you might have a case, but GDR 3 is the official release from Microsoft.

Edit: I clearly misread the original post. Pretty clear you shouldn't do this.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I used to work for one of the largest insurance companies in the world, in both electronics extended warranties, and home warranties. I used to make the phone call to a couple of different insurance companies' VPs to report their agents for attempting to defraud us. I would never hear from those agents again. Yes, even the agents would attempt it.

Breaking your phone intentionally and then filing a claim against the insurance is fraud. It is a crime.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Forcing consumers into these outrageously unethical contracts,paying for a phone 3 times over, a million hidden fees,taxes,etc., should also be a crime.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Forcing consumers into these outrageously unethical contracts,paying for a phone 3 times over, a million hidden fees,taxes,etc., should also be a crime.

Maybe if the consumer read the contract that he was signing........ One of the lessons I learned working in the insurance industry was to always read the contract. I could quote from memory all of the exclusions to our contracts, and quoted at least one of them on probably 90% of the phone calls I received. Sometimes I overturned a declination by one of our techs, but most of the time I reinforced what the customer was already told.

Later, when I no longer worked in the industry, I hit a deer. When the adjustor was done looking things over, and called me up, he said, "so it'll be $xx for the estimate, minus $500 for the deductible." I said, "No, it'll be $250 for the deductible, because I read the contract, and striking an animal is a comprehensive claim not a collision claim, but you knew that and were trying to rip me off."

Yeah, read the contract and don't go in blind. If you don't read the contract, you have nothing to complain about because you're the fool who entered into a contract without knowing what it says. Nobody forced you into a contract. And if, by some chance they did, it would not be valid. A contract signed under duress is invalid.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

posts thread about fraud....then posts retort to justify fraud.

someone please lock this thread.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
So you intend to rip off Nokia because you think you were ripped off by your carrier? Na, you're just a cheap opportunist trying to justify why you're a thief.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I had phone with the dev GDR3 replaced for a microphone failure. No issues there. But I wouldn't damage the phone on purpose.

I've seen Verizon replacing with newer models but I've never seen AT&T do that. AT&T won't even change colors.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Holy crap? Somebody forced you into your contract? How did they do it, I really want to know. Did they use a gun? Maybe a knife or a bat? Or maybe they used threats against your friends and family to force you into a contract. You should really report that to the authorities.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
So you intend to rip off Nokia because you think you were ripped off by your carrier? Na, you're just a cheap opportunist trying to justify why you're a thief.

Poor Nokia!!! Stop being so hypocritical. Everyone in this forum has stolen something, lied about something, and cheated on something!!!

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The epitome of the "I'm entitled" mindset.

Its got nothing to do with entitlement, the question was pretty straight forward.I really don't care for yours or anyone else 's moral judgment. For all I know, you may be a self-righteous,child molesting,*****!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You could very well be right. I'm fine with you living with that delusion. But I wouldn't be posting publicly about breaking the law. I'm at least that smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes