Camera Screen Brightness

PimpBot5001

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
When I activate the camera on my HTC 8S, the screen becomes super ultra bright...which is really annoying if you're in a dark environment. Ideally, I think that the camera screen brightness should be bright if you're in a lit surroundings, and dim if your in a dark surroundings. As far as I can tell, the brightness adjustment under Settings has no effect on the camera screen brightness.

Can anyone confirm that the behaviour described above is typical/normal? Also, is anyone aware of the existence of apps that can control screen brightness (in camera and/or non-camera mode). I've been searching and have not been able to find any... Thanks.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes this is normal on HTC Windows Phones, this doesn't happen on Nokia Lumias though. Lumia's camera screen brightness is bright in daylight and dim in darker environments

iliramove

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes this is normal on HTC Windows Phones, this doesn't happen on Nokia Lumias though. Lumia's camera screen brightness is bright in daylight and dim in darker environments

The OP is right. I'm using a Lumia and when I open the Nokia Camera app, the screen does brighten up to the max. Just for reference, I think this happens on all platforms. Same with my HTC One and my iPhone 5.

Sent from my mobile Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett