Other storage issue is clearly NOT fixed.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
After installing GDR3 preview, My other have grown from 300 MB to 1GB in less than a month.

Having said that, it is very clear that other storage issue is still there, Microsoft has just changed the definitions in phone storage setting.

I have games, apps & auto upload on. I should have all of them. This is the reason we buy expensive phones. right??

In Microsoft GDR3 blog, they said other will correct itself and delete unnecessary data. Which seems not be happening...

Resetting the phone is not an option.

blegs38552

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Look at Settings...Phone Storage. What do you see on this screen? There is not Other category so you should be able to see exactly where your space is being taken up.

dinesh84d

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Look at Settings...Phone Storage. What do you see on this screen? There is not Other category so you should be able to see exactly where your space is being taken up.

In phone other has been just redefined, like system space is 1.9 GB in Storage check but shows 2.6 GB (in my phone, but can be different to others) in phone storage.

Got my point.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
now if you have Lumia like I've said before keep going done ( in settings) to storage check . Scroll to the right then al the way down and BAM! There's your other storage . That portion of lumias was never deleted. Ms just didn't want us looking there. Because if we did we would all realized other storage is still there and for me... Still a problem... 10 GB of problems.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Seems like baldness. If some one could find the real solution to this " other" problem they will be rich!

I'm not disbelieving you but could you post a pic using the MS storage check, not the Nokia one. You'll probably need two pics. Just want to see what it says.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The apps read and compute the storage in different ways but both when added up still show the same amount of space taken up. In Update 3 there's a way to clear some of it by using the delete button and by clearing the IE cache which in and of itself represents a majority of the storage, my temporary files/other storage have never went above 1.5GB as of update 3 and is currently at 1.04GB

220SeaChaser

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
My 16gb 8X on GDR3 has constantly suffered with high "other" storage problems. With approximately 10gb total of system, apps, pics/vids, ect., I have approximately 6gb unaccounted for. The colored memory graph shows a large amount of blank space which should be free space, but I only have 100mb free on the phone. I've deleted stuff and it seems to not gain any free space. It's actually lost some. Should I perform a hard reset?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When I looked at mine in the two different formats I was able to see where the difference was. In yours it just seems to go hidden. Very interesting.

Thanks for posting. Let's hope they sort this out. I'm really curious to know what Other storage is supposed to be and does it affect the phone's performance overall.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I also have an issue with storage in general. Other storage is almost 5gb, but I just deleted all pictures and videos off the phone, but still says I have over 2gb of pictures. 4.8 GB in other. Wp8 starting to frustrate me.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos