Is it possible to search gmail messages on server after GDR 2

extdev

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a lumia 521 that I bought a month ago and have GDR2 on it. I have read at several places and what I have understood is that that gmail messages on the server cannot be searched after the phone is updated to GDR2. This is supposedly because of google not supporting Exchange Active Sync. But then I read somewhere else that EAS has been extended till end of 2013.

Some people has said that they setup their gmail account as EAS account and they can search on server. Is this possible? And if yes, can someone please put a step by step guide for this? I have tried syncing all contacts, email, and calendar and, according to some posts, it is supposed to allow the search on server but the option is not showing up on my screen.

Any ideas? I really need to get this working for work. Thanks!

extdev

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
That link does not help me as its from 2012 and it does not work for me anymore. Do you have any other helpful info? Thanks.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It will work until 12/31/2013. Then it will be dead as door nail. There is no support for server search in IMAP support built into GDR2 although IMAP itself supports and you can indeed search Gmail servers via IMAP on Windows 8 (PC).

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that you can now search for older messages (say from like a year ago) on the gmail server from your phone?
Only if you set it as an exchange account although it would work only till Google allows it (which I guess is till end of year)

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
It will work until 12/31/2013. Then it will be dead as door nail. There is no support for server search in IMAP support built into GDR2 although IMAP itself supports and you can indeed search Gmail servers via IMAP on Windows 8 (PC).

I thought it was no new connections after 12/31/2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99