Which phones have wi-fi calling / UMA?

Michael Shedden

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
It seems very hard to find information about this. Even www.windowsphone.com doesn't list this as a feature on phones that I know have it.

I know I want a Windows 8 phone and I know I want wi-fi calling, but it doesn't seem possible to get a list.

Can anyone help?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason you can't find any info on Wi-Fi calling is because it's a carrier specific feature. As far as I know, only T-Mobile offers it.

Michael Shedden

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK. EE also do it here, but I'm pretty sure it's not just them.

I understand the carrier have to support, but surely the phone does as well! I wanted to use the phones which support it as my starting point and choose a carrier from there.

It's starting to look like I'll have to go to every single carrier and ask them individually which phones they do that support it. That's doesn't help much since I could otherwise buy a phone they don't sell and go sim-only; or I could wait for an up-coming phone to offered by them etc.

I just don't understand why you can't browse phones by this feature. It's clearly hardware / firmware specific or else every phone would support it for the carriers that offer it.

Michael Shedden

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, I've definitely seen something about HTC phones that support it, so I'm sure it can't be just 521 and 925.... although maybe that wasn't win8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99