Trouble getting back to search results- current page just reloads

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm have an intermittent problem when using IE. I'll navigate to a site from the Google search page, then be unable to get back to the search results without repeatedly clicking the Back button really fast (which often results in exiting IE altogether). I should be able to click Back once but that just refreshes the current page; and sometimes clicking Back doesn't seem to do anything and I have to just close IE from the multi-tasking window (I've installed GDR3).

I'm not sure if this is site-specific, or because I'm browsing in desktop mode, or because I'm using Google as my default search engine- or some combination of these things. Any thoughts?

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've run into this a few times too. What I think happens is that the page you are looking at also loads a lot of ads that in effect adds to to back history. When you press the back button it goes back to the ad that was loaded before. It looks like the same page but really isn't. I have seen this happen a lot on desktop browsers as well. I could be on one page and click and hold the back button and the drop down list is full of ad pages and the actual real page I was at is 20 or 30 down the list.

When this happens on my desktop I add the domain that is sending the ads to by blocked sites list but I don't see any way to do that on my phone.

coldfilter

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This happens a lot with me! When I press the back button and nothing happens I press the refresh button then the back button this usually does the trick. Also find that when I am on a site such as this,that I can save a lot of arsing about by opening links in a new tab

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786