Setting Up Gmail In Windows Mail

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a desktop at home with Windows 8.1 that I share with my wife. Recently I finally set up a Windows ID for her, using her gmail address, so she could have her own user account. That went smoothly and she can log in but I can not set up gmail in Windows mail on this computer. It keeps giving me an error which I don't remember specifically right now since I'm not at home. I also have a gmail account leftover from when I had a droid so I tried setting that up on my W8.1 laptop, just to see if I got the same error, and it added it fine, no problems! So I went back to the desktop and tried to add my gmail account under her user account and it didn't work, gave me the same error her email address was getting. Any idea why this might be? I checked my gmail account and surprisingly IMAP was disabled, but it added it on my laptop anyway. I know I won't be able to convince her to switch to Outlook.com, and that's not my intent, I just want her to be able to use and personalize the computer. Thanks in advance!

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Soo, I restarted my computer this morning and it worked fine. I though I had restarted it before to try and get it to work but it's possible I didn't. Just wanted to update this in case anyone else was wondering. Gmail set up fine, as well as the contacts after I let Msoft connect to the Gmail contact list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6