Are all big time game developers going to be like this?

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
WHY?! I just need to know why they are bringing every game, but a very popular game from iOS to WP. I'm talking about bad piggies, i was tired of shooting birds and bad piggies is a fun creative game where you build vehicles to beat this game. It also has a sandbox mode, and i loved the sandbox because i could kill some time easily on it. Rovio has brought nearly every game to WP, even the NEW Angry Birds Star Wars II.
Is there a reason they are skipping around apps? I have 99cents left because i just cant find anything worthwhile to spend my money on in the store. (that of course is from the lack of apps on the WP store, there are many key games i miss from iOS.) I have this game on my iPod touch 4g, but Apple discontinued this device for a reason(just way to laggy, we didnt get iOS 7 because of iOS 6's bad effect), but i need this game for windows phone because even when iPod is not lagging it will die in about 30-60 minutes. I already contacted rovio and they said :
Me:
"Dear Rovio,
I love many of your games that you have available. The one game I loved the most when I used iOS was bad piggies, and I know many others who would be willing to pay for this game if you bring it to our platform. Please consider this soon I would love to have bad piggies.
Sincerely,
William Parker"

Rovio:
"Hello William,
and thanks for contacting us.
We are happy to hear that you enjoy our games and wish to play them on different platforms! What device are you using right now?
Best regards,
Elisa
Rovio Support Team"

Me:
"I currently use the Nokia Lumia 822 running Windows Phone 8, but I have an iPod touch 4g and the device is soon to be unsupported since it won't be receiving iOS 7.
Sent from my Windows Phone"

Rovio:
"Hello William,
Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately Bad Piggies is not available for your device and all the info of the possible compatibility will be published on our website and Facebook page.
Well, Duh! Why else would ask about you bringing it to WP?
Best regards,
Elisa
Rovio Support Team"

Me:
"Hello Elisa,
I was aware that Bad Piggies wasn't available for my device. I was asking if you would make the game for windows phone. I see you have many of your games on the store, but I would really love to have Bad Piggies. I just hope you plan to implement this game sometime in the near future.
Sincerely,
William
Sent from my Windows Phone"

Rovio:
"Hello,
We are listening to our users' feedback, and will always keep making adjustments and add our games to new platforms to provide the best possible game experience for all of our users.
Best regards,
Elisa
Rovio Support Team"

Also, I asked another company to bring some of the BTD games to WP, and they replied with: " Sorry, we aren't bringing our games to other platforms right now but it may be an idea for the future.
Will this process repeat for most apps we want because this just makes me very upset.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I mean, they did release angry birds star wars 2 simultaneously with ios and android. They have budgets per platform that they can spend.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The pain of first world problems.
I know, I know I don't have much to complain about compared to countries like Africa, but idk just wanted to express my feelings. It is just a small annoyance for me, I need something to do so I can occupy my mind on the school bus and other places in bored( I would read,but I care too much what people think and when they started saying my only GF was my book I stopped reading a lot.) Your from Atlanta, Georgia(Snellville, Georgia for me) if you have been to the schools you know how mean people are there. I just want a game, but I am over exaggerating I guess. Just hoping to get more of the apps I like.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I know, I know I don't have much to complain about compared to countries like Africa, but idk just wanted to express my feelings. It is just a small annoyance for me, I need something to do so I can occupy my mind on the school bus and other places in bored( I would read,but I care too much what people think and when they started saying my only GF was my book I stopped reading a lot.) Your from Atlanta, Georgia(Snellville, Georgia for me) if you have been to the schools you know how mean people are there. I just want a game, but I am over exaggerating I guess. Just hoping to get more of the apps I like.

if you really need a game to impress your friends, I've found the exclusive games songarc and halo to be awesome games.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that in their very vague reply, they did not say that they aren't working on it, or that it won't come. It is typical for companies to withhold information about what they are working on until whatever time they decide to make a public announcement. I'm not saying that they will come out with it, but for the past year, Rovio has actually shown an increased level of support for WP, even launching Angry Birds Star Wars II the day before it was launched for the other platforms (probably a mistake, but still.... :wink:).

Be patient. The platform is growing, and can only get better from here.