User agreement? Marketplace stopped working! Please help me! :'(

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly the marketplace wants me to get a parent to agree with some user agreement and stops me from doing ANYTHING in the marketplace untill I do so! I have been looking online for literally an hour! And all I could find is other poeple with the same problem but there is no solution to be found!
This is super frustrating! I can't update or download anything... Please help me...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Basically what I did was create another 18+ Microsoft account and set myself up as the parent. After adding my windows phone to it, i ticked all permissions and basically gave myself free rein

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Basically what I did was create another 18+ Microsoft account and set myself up as the parent. After adding my windows phone to it, i ticked all permissions and basically gave myself free rein

Did the store ask you to agree to a user agreement? Or did you just do this out of precaution or something?

Also, where do you do this "setting up as parent"?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I had this as well, not just on my Windows Phone but on my Surface and my desktop as well. Microsoft made some changes to the Terms and Conditions relating to apps on the Xbox One so that's why you have to accept the new ones to use the Marketplace ;)

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I solved the problem!, I'm no longer at the brink of a meltdown :D, thanks guys! ...this thread can be removed or whatever...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I winked it was a joke... you know you can get kicked off this place
for a week calling someone names- seriously, but I'm glad you figured things out -
I figured you must be 13 because many sites you need your parents permission to access
it but over 14 > you don't -but apparently they consider being over 17 or 18 an adult and
you don't need your parent's permission...but apparently 16 is not considered an adult.

:

Last edited by a moderator:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You "illegals" (underage) should create a
"How to lie and get all the apps that you want when you're underage " thread,
someone else (14 yrs) today had similar issues, I'm sure it would be a popular thread :wink:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hah, I ran into this day one. Didn't want to bother my parents so I just created an account for my parent named "Paren". ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss