Serious battery drain issue

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Guys I need some help. Been trying to find solutions on this forum for the past couple weeks but no joy.

I have a L925 on GRD3 but have had the battery issue about 2-3 weeks before updating. I literally get a maximum of of 5-7 hours with minimal usage (8 if I don't touch the phone, but that's rare). I've tried turning off all background tasks, location services, wifi and bluetooth without much success in increasing life. Made sure all IE tabs are closed and have reduced the frequency of the syncs of my email. The only time I really see my battery life go down by less than 1% per hour is if I turn off the data, so it's something to do with the connection and definitely not a battery issue. You can see in the attachment there was 1.5hrs this morning where I turned data off at the gym and the level pretty much didn't change. I don't know what changed but the battery life was never this bad a couple of months ago.

I wanted go get advice on if a cul of all apps that connect to the net and reinstall them one by one will help (event though I've tried removing background tasks already) or if I should just do a clean factory reset (I'm trying to avoid this as a last resort as I really don't want to loose some of my WhatsApp convo's which can't be restored). Any advice on other solutions??
wp_ss_20131101_0001.png

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i would do a factory reset and install one by one, just the best ones, no shady apps, remove that battery app, yes it sucks but it seems on windows phone they are causing the drain.

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i would do a factory reset and install one by one, just the best ones, no shady apps, remove that battery app, yes it sucks but it seems on windows phone they are causing the drain.

I actually had the battery app before any issues so if there is any drain I think it's minor, plus without it I have no way of effectively monitoring the drain.

I hope there are other suggestions, factory reinstall sucks, but if it's the only way I'll get it done. :unhappysweat:

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I decided to do a factory reset (which to my surprise still kept me on GDR3) and only reinstall the stuff I actually need regularly (about half the apps) and my phone is running so much better. On idle getting less than 1% discharge. After 10 hours or low-moderate use with WiFi and location on I still have 36% remaining and 5hr 21mins left. MASSIVE difference..

Some app was definitely sucking my battery life, I may install a few of them over time but I'll definitely not be doing all. I probably could have just deleted most of the apps and looked to see if it would improve but I was just getting to frustrated with how little I could use my phone without worrying how much charge I had left.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I decided to do a factory reset (which to my surprise still kept me on GDR3) and only reinstall the stuff I actually need regularly (about half the apps) and my phone is running so much better. On idle getting less than 1% discharge. After 10 hours or low-moderate use with WiFi and location on I still have 36% remaining and 5hr 21mins left. MASSIVE difference..

Some app was definitely sucking my battery life, I may install a few of them over time but I'll definitely not be doing all. I probably could have just deleted most of the apps and looked to see if it would improve but I was just getting to frustrated with how little I could use my phone without worrying how much charge I had left.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Also, you can only go back to GDR2 if you manually flash the phone.

How many apps did you have before? How many did you reinstall?

Maybe you can pinpoint which apps you did not reinstall. it may help users with similar issues.

Mos Sincere

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback :)

Also, you can only go back to GDR2 if you manually flash the phone.

How many apps did you have before? How many did you reinstall?

Maybe you can pinpoint which apps you did not reinstall. it may help users with similar issues.

Well other than the fact my loud speaker mic isn't working (which is actually bad because I need it for business) the benefits of GDR3 are too good for me to go back.

When I went to reinstall my back up it wanted to install about 64 apps. I cancelled around 30 of them, would have to find a list of which ones they were but the fact I'm doing absolutely fine use the use of my phone without them just shows me I had too much clutter for the sake of it.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

May I ask, for that 1%/hr drop, do you have WiFi, data, Bluetooth, Location on or off?

And did you start with full 100% charge or not? Because I notice the initial drop from 100% takes longer to happen than somewhere in the middle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss